Assistant General Manager
TownePlace Suites Columbus Hilliard
The Assistant General manager is responsible for all aspects of operations at the hotel and provides support to the General Manager.
Directs and coordinates hotels activities to obtain optimum efficiency and economy of operations, and maximize full potential with a balanced focus on hotels mission, guests, employees and owners satisfaction.
ASSISTANT GENERAL MANAGER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist the General Manager in his/her day to day operations.
- The Assistant General manager assigns duties to HOD's and observers performance to ensure adherence to hotel policies and established operating procedures.
- Provides training to staff and HOD's.
- Acts as the hotels public relations director and promotes the property within the hotel industry, local community and trade associations.
- Monitor the Guest feedback on Trip advisor, OTA's etc. and hotel surveys.
- The Assistant General manager receives and resolved or assists the General manager in resolving guest complaints and service recovery process.
- Selects or assist in the selection of hotel staff and completes all new hire paper works.
- Review employee performance and conducts personnel actions such as disciplinary actions and terminations.
- Maintains accurate records including cash flows sheet, guest floor limit, AR Ageing reports, Direct billing, Payroll hours etc.
- Assisting General Manager during Morning meetings or conducts the morning HOD meetings in the absence of General Manager.
- Adheres to all franchise and company procedures and regulations as well as standard operating procedures.
- Ensure full compliance to Hotel operating controls, SOP’s, policies, procedures and service standards.
- The Assistant General manager ensures the objectives and goals of Brand and property owners work together to achieve brand positioning and success.
- Builds owner loyalty through proactive communication, setting and managing expectations and delivering solid business results.
- Assist GM in key property issues including Audits, capital projects, customer service and refurbishment.
- Assist General Manager in wage scale surveys and ensures employee wages are followed by the company and industry salary guidelines.
- Performs daily, weekly and monthly property inspections.
- Ensures property, grounds, physical plant and work areas maintained to standard.
- The Assistant General manager builds strong working relationships and communications with hotel staff, HOD's and other departments to ensure maximum operating effectiveness and fulfilment of special event need.
- Cover shifts is all departments as scheduled by the General Manager.
- Monitor maintenance progress and FF&E (Furniture, Furnishings, and Equipment) conditions and provide status report to GM.
- Audits on par stock on all areas to make sure that all required hotel supplies are ordered and stocked in advance of need.
- Performs sudden audits on rooms and other operating areas.
- Provide effective leadership to hotel team members.
- The Assistant General Manager will ensure hotel staff is provided with uniforms and name tags, and upholds property grooming standards.
- Ensures effective, timely and accurate communications flow with regards to hotel policies and procedures.
- Must be able to work effectively in a stressful environment, communicate well with others, effectively deal with guests, and accept constructive criticism from supervisors.
- Must be able to change activity frequently and cope with interruptions.
- Assist the GM in in all aspects of business planning.
- The Assistant General manager must be available 24/7 in case to respond to any guest or employee emergencies.
- Corporate client handling and take part in new client acquisition along with the sales team whenever required.
- Assisting in residential sales as and when required and development with strong sales prospects.
- The Assistant General Manager will respond to audits to ensure continual improvement is achieved.
- All Other duties as assigned by the General Manager or Management.
- Understand that business demands sometimes make it necessary to move employees from their accustomed shift to other shifts.
Assistant General Manager Qualifications
- Strong management skills, ability to appropriately assign or delegate work and authority to others in the accomplishment of goals. And provide coaching, advice and assistance as required.
- Available to work when needed, including weekends, holidays, and nights.
A university degree or diploma in hotel management or a related field with experience in opening, managing or re-positioning a hotel with clear track record. Experience in financial accounting, personnel supervision and problem resolutions is a added advantage. Excellent computer system skills.
At least 5 to 10 years experience in the hospitality industry, with significant experience. At least 3 to 4 years of experience as a Head of the Department or Asst. General Manager or Executive Assistant Manager.