We want our associates to enjoy coming to work, and we strive to maintain a friendly, family-like atmosphere. Employee integrity is reciprocated through mutual respect and forthright communication. We appreciate enthusiasm and strong work ethic of our associates.
- An ideal Assistant General Manager candidate must possess extensive knowledge of hotel operations, a positive attitude, and provide support to the General Manager.
- We are seeking a highly energetic, dynamic individual to assist the General Manager in leading the hospitality team in all aspects of operating the hotel to ensure maximum operational efficiency.
- Assistant General Manager is responsible for managing the day-to-day operation of the property, including but not limited to front office, housekeeping, food and beverage and engineering, while supporting the General Manager in providing overall leadership in the hotel’s continuing effort to deliver outstanding guest service and financial profitability.
- AGM must be able to train and motivate associates to perform to the best of their abilities in order to exceed all brand and company requirements.
- The candidate must be available to work a flexible schedule including days, nights, weekends, and holidays.
JOB REQUIREMENTS AND DUTIES
We are looking for an Assistant General Manager who:
- Accommodates fluctuating business demands and covers various departments’ shifts if necessary. The hotel operates 7 days a week, 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
- Shows prompt and regular attendance.
- Fulfills Manager on Duty shifts.
- Assists the General Manager with scheduling based on occupancy, making sure staffing levels are appropriate to exceed guest expectations.
- Provides assistance to Front Desk and other departments as needed.
- Complies with hotel’s professional attitude and appearance standards as perceived by subordinates, peers, superiors, and guests.
- Has strong interpersonal skills, which will enable him or her to successfully interact with employees, ownership, the franchise, city officials and the public.
- Maintains current licenses and permits as prescribed by local, state and federal agencies.
- Ensures each department has accurate and complete inventory and all supplies are maintained.
- Conducts and/or participates in all mandatory job training and meetings.
- Trains all employees on every aspect of their shifts and job requirements.
- Ensures orientation for new team members is thorough and completed in a timely manner.
- Addresses complaints as well as identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner.
- Has a current and valid drivers license.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
We are seeking to find an Assistant General Manager who:
- Has a flexible schedule and the ability to work weekend shifts.
- Has high work ethic and self-initiative.
- Strives for perfectionism and is detail-orientated.
- Maintains cleanliness and organization of his or her personal and professional space.
- Focuses and maintains attention to tasks, and completes work assignments on time despite frequent interruptions.
- Maintains confidentiality of business, financial matters, and information related to the property, owners, partners, guests, and associates.
- Works in a courteous, tactful and patient manner with hotel guests and company associates.
- Strives to increase the level of guest satisfaction by delivery of an improved product through employee development and quality of performance.
- Develops alternative solutions to situations that arise.
- Bachelor’s Degree (B.A.) from four-year College or University (Hospitality, Hotel Administration, or Business Administration preferred).
- Or four years equivalent experience and/or training.
- Or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Strong computer skills.
- Strong business communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Knowledge of Spanish language is preferred.
The successful Assistant General Manager candidate should have the following work experience and skills:
- Prior Marriott brand hotel experience desired.
- FOSSE PMS System knowledge preferred.
- Minimum 2-3 years hotel Front Desk and/or F&B experience.
- Proven record of commitment and professionalism in meeting the challenges and pressures of a 24-hour, 7-day a week operation.
- The Assistant General Manager reports directly to the General Manager.
- Carries out all reasonable requests by team leaders and managers and acts as a team player with all levels of staff.
- Supports team members to ensure their entire workload is completed daily.