In less than 2 minutes, get your
Personal Score for every job
Position Title: Assistant Manager
Reports To: General Manager
The Assistant Resort Manager is responsible for the oversight and management of all front of house Bar & Restaurant and Hotel divisions at the Resort and provides daily operational support to the General Manager. This position ensures that guest needs are met and the Resort staff are trained and managed to deliver service in keeping with our Company’s ‘JEM Way’ compliance standards. Continual development of the team shall ensure we exceed guest expectations and truly enhance memories of their vacation experience, keeping them coming back to us year after year.
Maintaining efficient scheduling and duties for all divisions to ensure labor and operating costs are kept within budgets and productivity is being maximized is an essential over-arching driver of this role, to support company goals. In addition to the ensuring that day-to-day guest service functions are being performed to company standard, this role will operate as Manager on Duty in times when the Resort Manager is absent from the property. Specific duties and responsibilities include:
• Manage all guest service operations and team members. Build staffing schedules to accommodate peak check-in/out periods and develop systems to accommodate these processes with greater efficiency. Maximize team member productivity through concierge and enhanced service programs in a continual effort to elevate the guest experience.
• Plan, schedule and manage the rooms division team to efficiently manage “turn days”, ensure daily room inspections are made for quality assurance and all guest requests including room types, dietary and allergen requests and communicated effectively. Maintain an efficient laundry room program and ensure the cleanliness of all public areas are kept to a high standard.
• Manage an established system to control the access and distribution of all front of house provisions including but not limited to; retail merchandize, in-room guest amenities, bar inventory, housekeeping supplies.
• Manage restaurant server and bar service teams. Build staffing schedules to ensure peak daily periods are covered and that schedules can “flex” to accommodate higher and lower occupancy weeks. Maximize team member productivity through enhanced service programs in a continual effort to elevate the guest experience.
• Approve restocking orders for all bar inventory items, including liquor, wine, beer, soft drinks, mixers and bar supplies. Ensure that bar inventory is well controlled and that monthly inventories are recorded accurately.
• Oversee the nightly bar entertainment schedule to ensure the quality and variety of nightly activities.
• Assist the Resort Manager with any custom events held on or off-property, attention to banquet event order oversight and team-member participation and management thereof is essential to the success of our sought-after events.
• Conduct regular briefings and training in keeping with brand management objectives with operational departments and team members to gain feedback on service levels.
• Assist the General Manager with Human Resource components as it pertains to temporary and work permit grant applications.
• Perform scheduled performance reviews and training sessions with your direct reports to develop a learning culture
• Perform coaching and disciplinary sessions with team members, fully documenting the situation and corrective actions discussed with the employee for inclusion in the employee file.
• Assist the General Manager to fulfill necessary steps needed to manage out team-members in accordance with company and local labor board regulations, for team-members not meeting company requirements.
Qualifications & Abilities
• Prior experience in Dive Resort Hospitality is an asset
• A positive, outgoing and guest focused attitude
• Must possess strong, comprehensive PC skills (i.e., Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook products) and be comfortable with software programs that are part of our front of house systems (RDP, Micros, Yellow Dog and others that may change from time to time)
• Ability to work quickly and accurately under time constraints
• Must possess strong organizational and problem-solving skills, be a self-starter, be detail oriented, and have effective written and verbal communicate skills
• Ability to interact with all levels of management and vendors in a manner that results in the cooperation of all parties.
|Address||4127 5th Avenue North, St. Petersburg, FL, 33713 View map|