An Assistant Director of Finance - Controller is responsible for assisting in the direction and administration of all financial operations of the hotel in the hotel's continuing effort to deliver outstanding guest service and financial profitability.What will I be doing?
As the Assistant Director of Finance - Assistant Controller, you would be responsible for assisting in the direction and administration of all financial operations of the hotel in the hotel's continuing effort to deliver outstanding guest service and financial profitability. Specifically, you would be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
What are we looking for?
- Manage the department to include, but not limited to, managing special projects, monitoring and developing team member performance, providing supervision and professional development, scheduling, conducting counseling and evaluations, delivering recognition and reward, recruiting, interviewing and training team members
- Directly oversee Accounts Receivable, Credit and Night Audit functions
- Prepare budget and maintain spending controls to ensure budgetary limits are met
- Prepare annual depreciation schedules for furniture, equipment, building supplies, revisions and alterations
- Review and approve all ledger account reconciliations including, but not limited to, bank statements, assets liabilities and credit cards
- Coordinate and review monthly financial statements for accuracy and monitor coding of cash receipts
- Assist Director with internal daily audits of cash deposits, transfers and preparation for and monitoring of the capital budget
- Prepare financial reports, prepare utilities and telephone accruals, monitor records of inventory and ensure compliance with all established billing and credit standards
- Review and approve tax returns to ensure compliance with federal and state regulations
- Monitor, approve and prepare daily payroll accounts and issue all paychecks
Since being founded in 1919, Hilton has been a leader in the hospitality industry. Today, Hilton remains a beacon of innovation, quality, and success. This continued leadership is the result of our Team Members staying true to our Vision, Mission, and Values. Specifically, we look for demonstration of these Values:
- Hospitality - We're passionate about delivering exceptional guest experiences.
- Integrity - We do the right thing, all the time.
- Leadership - We're leaders in our industry and in our communities.
- Teamwork - We're team players in everything we do.
- Ownership - We're the owners of our actions and decisions.
- Now - We operate with a sense of urgency and discipline
In addition, we look for the demonstration of the following key attributes:
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
- Customer Focus
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands
. Our vision "to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality" unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!