Sage Hospitality Group is in search of a Complex Assistant Director of Finance to support The Asbury, Asbury Ocean Club, and Asbury Lanes. Are you ready for the next step in your career? If you are currently an Assistant Director of Finance, or someone who is ready to make that leap into this role, we invite you to apply today!
Your ultimate beach house and surfside resort, The Asbury was converted from a Salvation Army building to become the first new boutique hotel of its size in Asbury Park, in over 50 years. Asbury Lanes, a one-of-a-kind music and bowling venue was rehabilitated, reopened and reborn as a state-of-the art art music venue whose wild history permeates every square foot. The Asbury Ocean Club is effortless living at its best - a collection of residential homes, a Beach Club, a boutique hotel, and an unprecedented suite of amenities.
Why Us? At Sage Hospitality Group, we look for innovative leaders, with an eye for disruption. Never looking for someone just looking for a job, we are looking for the power players, the people who want to rise to the top. Sage allows for opportunities for growth and personal fulfillment, paying attention to the parts that keep us human and happy. We want to attract and retain associates that are engaged in our culture, passionate about hospitality and excited to enrich lives, one experience at a time. Sage Hospitality Group was founded on a spirit of bold individuality. By going our own way, we have created some of the world's best hotels, restaurants, and experiences. But the truth is, none of it would have happened without people like you. People who follow their own path, wo are hungry to learn and who love their community. People who do not sit around and wait, they just do. You belong here. Job Overview
Supervise and coordinate the Accounting Operations in the hotel and restaurant to ensure accurate, timely and consistent reporting in accordance with policies and procedures, Federal, State and local laws and regulations. Assist and support the Director of Finance in maintaining control over income, expenses and the assets and liabilities of the hotel. Position is responsible for the daily operation of Payroll, Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, Income Journal, General Cashiering, Taxes and internal controls. May recommend and implement operational changes.Responsibilities
- Supervise the Payroll, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Cashier and Night Audit employees; interview, recommend hiring, train, develop, empower, schedule, coach and counsel, recommend and conduct performance and salary reviews, resolve problems, provide open communications and recommend discipline and termination, as appropriate.
- Supervise the daily accounting operations ensuring compliance with the SOPs and Federal, State and local laws and regulations.
- Analyze and reconcile all general ledger accounts and bank statements to ensure financial information is available and accurate.
- Prepare financial statements and reports to ensure accurate, timely information is available for management.
- Assist in the compilation and preparation of the annual budget, forecasts, taxes and other financial reports to provide support thus ensuring accurate, timely information is available for management and owners.
- Train, monitor and coordinate the implementation and maintenance of financial and cash controls and information flow throughout the other departments in the hotel to ensure compliance, accurate records and minimize liabilities, losses and expenses.
- Resolve problems and ensure maintenance of the accounting systems and equipment to ensure smooth operations.
- Analyze and be familiar with tenants, leases and rent reports and ensure hotel is in compliance with hotel leases and management contracts.
- Has a fiduciary responsibility to company and management.
- Assumes the responsibilities of the Director of Finance in his/her absence.
A four-year college degree (accounting preferred) or equivalent education/experience.Experience
One to two years of employment in hospitality management or hospitality accountingKnowledge/Skills
- Requires knowledge of all the functions performed by the subordinate reporting directly or indirectly to the Hotel Director of Finance.
- Requires advanced knowledge of the accounting, finance and hospitality professions. Requires experiential knowledge for management of people and complex problems.
- Requires ability to analyze activities or information involving some original data manipulation or interpretation to arrive at logical conclusions.
- Ability to make decisions guided by established policies and procedures.
- Ability to communicate so as to provide information and services, supervisory skills.
- In addition to these fundamental requirements, an Assistant Director of Finance must also be knowledgeable in the following areas: Office Management, Bank Reconciliations, Preparation of State and Federal Reports, Training of Accounting staff employees, Conducting or participating in meetings, Analysis of Balance Sheet Accounts, Preparation of Journal entries, closing the books and preparing the Balance, Sheet Package, Interviewing and evaluation of applicants as well as current employees
- Excellent hearing required to train and deal with management, employees.
- Excellent vision required to read reports, computer, etc.
- Excellent speech communication skills required to train and deal with management, employees.
- Excellent comprehension and literacy required for reports, computers, ledgers, etc.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Lifting, pushing, pulling, carrying - limited lifting, pushing, pulling or carrying up to 15-20 lbs. Generally boxes, computer equipment.
- Limited bending/kneeling required when arranging supplies or equipment.
- Mobility - limited, between offices and departments.
- Infrequent continuous standing, climbing or driving required.
Work inside 95% of work period.Benefits
- Medical, dental, & vision insurance
- Health savings and flexible spending accounts
- Basic Life and AD&D insurance
- Company-paid short-term disability
- Paid time off for vacation, sick time, and holidays
- Eligible to participate in the Company's 401(k) program with employer matching
- Employee assistance program
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Great discounts on Hotels, Restaurants, and much more.
- Eligible to participate in the Employee Referral Bonus Program. Up to $1,000 per referral.