The Assistant Director of Finance will support the Director in the administration of all financial aspects of the Hotel's operations. In this role, you will ensure that all local and corporate policies and procedures are observed, and you will be responsible for supervising the day to day operations of the finance department. What will I be doing?
As Assistant Director of Finance, you will be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards;
What are we looking for?
- Assist the Director of Finance by providing full and accurate forecasting and budgeting proposals within the hotel and in other areas where required
- Provide leadership and support to the finance team to achieve departmental goals and objectives
- Supervise and fully understand the daily activities of all areas of the finance department
- Provide adequate coverage in the department during team member absences
- Provide timely and accurate financial statements
- Ensure all financial procedures are in compliance with SOX and internal control requirements, and brand standards are met
- Assist the Director in preparing financial reports as required by Hilton and the Ownership Group
- Complete month end procedures and monthly balance sheet reconciliations in a timely manner
- Train and develop the finance team
- Assist in the development of financial awareness with the hotel management team
- Coordination of internal and external audits and reviews
- Champion finance related projects
- Any other finance related tasks within the hotel as Assistant Department Head
An Assistant Director of Finance serving Hilton Brand is always working on behalf of our Guests and working with other Team Members. To successfully fill this role, you should maintain the attitude, behaviours, skills, and values that follow:
- Experience in the hotel, leisure or retail sector
- Excellent supervisory experience
- Relevant degree in Finance, Accounting or related business discipline, from an academic institution
- Full understanding of financial operating systems and procedures
- Strong influencing, leadership skills, inter-personal and communication skills
- Excellent analytical skills
- Fluent in English
It would be advantageous in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
- Previous experience with the Hilton systems
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands
. Our vision "to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality" unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!
Our hotel makes every effort to accommodate individuals with disabilities. Accommodation is available at all stages of the recruitment process. For assistance, please conact us at AODA_HILTONS_IN_CANADA@hilton.com anytime, or call 1-844-217-AODA. (1-844-217-6828).