Highgate is a leading real estate investment and hospitality management company widely recognized as an innovator in the industry. Highgate is the dominant player in major U.S. gateway cities including New York, Boston, Miami, San Francisco and Honolulu, with a growing Caribbean and Latin America footprint. The hospitality forward company provides expert guidance through all stages of the property cycle, from planning and development through recapitalization or disposition. Highgate has a proven record of developing its diverse portfolio of bespoke lifestyle hotel brands, legacy brands, and independent hotels and resorts with contemporary programming and digital acumen. The company utilizes industry-leading revenue management tools that efficiently identify and predict evolving market dynamics to drive outperformance and maximize asset value. With an executive team consisting of some of the most experienced hotel management leaders, the company is a trusted partner for top ownership groups and major hotel brands. Highgate maintains corporate offices in New York, Chicago, Dallas, London, Miami, and Seattle. www.highgate.com . Location
Situated next door to each other on 44th Street in the heart of midtown Manhattan, Millennium Premier and Millennium Times Square both offer desirable locations steps from the excitement of Times Square, Broadway, Radio City Music Hall, and Rockefeller Center. Millennium Premier, a Four-Star boutique-style hotel, features 124 well appointed rooms and a private lounge exclusively for guests. Millennium Times Square, an affiliate of Hilton Hotels, features 626 spacious guest rooms and suites, some with views of Times Square, 52,000-sq.-ft. of function space, and a newly-opened Bugis Street Brasserie and Bar serving authentic Pan Asian cuisine. Millenium Times Square will soon be joining the Doubletree brand. Employment Status
The Assistant Director of Finance will supervise and coordinate the Accounting Operations in the hotel to ensure accurate, timely and consistent reporting in accordance with policies and procedures, GAAP and federal, state and local laws and regulations. Assist and support the Controller in maintaining control over income, expenses and the assets and liabilities of the hotel. Position is responsible for the daily operation of Payroll, Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, Income Journal, General Cashiering, Taxes and internal controls. May recommend and implement operational changes. Responsibilities
- Supervise the Payroll, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Cashier and Night Audit employees; interview, recommend hiring, train, develop, empower, schedule, coach and counsel, recommend and conduct performance and salary reviews, resolve problems, provide open communications and recommend discipline and termination, as appropriate.
- Supervise the daily accounting operations ensuring compliance with the SOPs and LSOPs, GAAP and all federal, state and local laws and regulations.
- Analyze and reconcile all general ledger accounts and bank statements to ensure financial information is available and accurate.
- Prepare financial statements and reports to ensure accurate, timely information is available for management.
- Assist in the compilation and preparation of the annual budget, forecasts, taxes and other financial reports to provide support thus ensuring accurate, timely information is available for management and owners.
- Train, monitor and coordinate the implementation and maintenance of financial and cash controls and information flow throughout the other departments in the hotel to ensure compliance, accurate records and minimize liabilities, losses and expenses.
- Resolve problems and ensure maintenance of the accounting systems and equipment to ensure smooth operations.
- Analyze and be familiar with tenants, leases and rent reports and ensure hotel is in compliance with hotel leases and management contracts.
- Assumes the responsibilities of the Controller in his/her absence.
- At leasr 2 - 4 years of hotel accounting experience.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance
- Requires knowledge of all the functions performed by the subordinate reporting directly or indirectly to the Hotel Controller.
- Requires advanced knowledge of the accounting, finance and hospitality professions. Requires experiential knowledge for management of people and complex problems.
- Requires ability to analyze activities or information involving some original data manipulation or interpretation to arrive a logical conclusion.
- Requires the ability to make decisions guided by established policies and procedures.
- Requires the ability to communicate so as to provide information and services, supervisory skills
For California Applicants Only
Highgate Hotels, L.P. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and maintains the policy of recruiting and retaining the best-qualified personnel who demonstrate the ability to perform competently and work well with others. It is the policy of Highgate Hotels to provide equal employment opportunity regardless of race (including traits historically or culturally associated with race, such as hair texture and protective hairstyles), religion (including religious dress and religious grooming), color, age (40 and over), genetic information, disability (mental and physical), medical condition (as defined under state law), national origin (including language use restrictions and possession of a driver's license issued under section 12801.9 of the California Vehicle Code), ancestry, sex (including gender, gender identity, gender expression), sexual orientation, marital status, familial status, parental status, domestic partner status, citizenship status, pregnancy (including perceived pregnancy, childbirth, lactation, or pregnancy-related conditions), military caregiver status, military status, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law. This policy of nondiscrimination is applied to all aspects of the employment relationship. The Company complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and applicable state and local laws in ensuring equal opportunity and employment for qualified persons with disabilities. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.