Highgate is a leading real estate investment and hospitality management company widely recognized as an innovator in the industry. Highgate is the dominant player in major U.S. gateway cities including New York, Boston, Miami, San Francisco and Honolulu, with a growing Caribbean and Latin America footprint. The hospitality forward company provides expert guidance through all stages of the property cycle, from planning and development through recapitalization or disposition. Highgate has a proven record of developing its diverse portfolio of bespoke lifestyle hotel brands, legacy brands, and independent hotels and resorts with contemporary programming and digital acumen. The company utilizes industry-leading revenue management tools that efficiently identify and predict evolving market dynamics to drive outperformance and maximize asset value. With an executive team consisting of some of the most experienced hotel management leaders, the company is a trusted partner for top ownership groups and major hotel brands. Highgate maintains corporate offices in New York, Chicago, Dallas, London, Miami, and Seattle. www.highgate.com . Location
Highgate, in partnership with Major Food Group, has announced plans to open The Newbury Boston at One Newbury Street, located in the premier shopping and dining neighborhood of Boston's Back Bay. This iconic property originally opened in 1927 as one of the first Ritz-Carlton hotels in the U.S. and most recently was the Taj Boston. The building will be thoughtfully transformed into a 286-room luxury hotel with 16,000-sq-ft of stunning event spaces, signature dining experiences and a reimagined front entrance on Newbury Street. Overview
The Assistant Director of Food & Beverage is responsible for assisting in coordinating, supervising and directing all property food and beverage operations, while maintaining a profitable F&B department and high quality products and service levels. He/she is expected to market ideas to promote business; reduce employee turnover; maintain revenue and payroll budgets; and meet budgeted productivity while keeping quality consistently high. Responsibilities
- Employees must, at all times, be attentive, friendly, helpful, and courteous to all guests, managers, and fellow employees.
- Assist in supervising all F&B personnel.
- Respond to guest complaints in a timely manner.
- Assist in preparing the F&B budget and monitor department performance. Perform any necessary follow-up, including forecasting.
- Monitor industry trends, take appropriate action to maintain competitive and profitable operations.
- Work with other F&B managers and keep them informed of F&B issues as they arise.
- Keep immediate supervisor fully informed of all problems or matters requiring his/her attention.
- Assist in coordinating and monitoring all phases of Loss Prevention in the F&B department.
- Prepare and submit required reports in a timely manner.
- Organize and conduct department meetings on a regular basis.
- Monitor quality of service and product.
- Cooperate in menu planning and preparation.
- Ensure timely purchase of F&B items, within budget allocation.
- Assist in overseeing operations of the employee cafeteria.
- Ensure compliance with all local liquor laws, and health and sanitation regulations.
- Ensure departmental compliance with SOP's.
- Ensure the training of department heads on SOP's, report preparation, technical job tasks.
- Attend and/or conduct departmental and hotel training (CARE, One to One ), etc.
- Interview candidates for front-of-house F&B positions and follow standards for hiring approvals.
- Ensure overall guest satisfaction.