Highgate is a leading real estate investment and hospitality management company widely recognized as an innovator in the industry. Highgate is the dominant player in major U.S. gateway cities including New York, Boston, Miami, San Francisco and Honolulu, with a growing Caribbean and Latin America footprint. The hospitality forward company provides expert guidance through all stages of the property cycle, from planning and development through recapitalization or disposition. Highgate has a proven record of developing its diverse portfolio of bespoke lifestyle hotel brands, legacy brands, and independent hotels and resorts with contemporary programming and digital acumen. The company utilizes industry-leading revenue management tools that efficiently identify and predict evolving market dynamics to drive outperformance and maximize asset value. With an executive team consisting of some of the most experienced hotel management leaders, the company is a trusted partner for top ownership groups and major hotel brands. Highgate maintains corporate offices in New York, Chicago, Dallas, London, Miami, and Seattle. www.highgate.com . Location
Amrit Ocean Resort & Residences... The first-of-its-kind Five Star personalized luxury wellness community is launching our first location in South East Florida. Located on 7.5 acres oceanfront, Amrit unites the ancient inner-science of the East and Western technology for personalized luxury that promotes mindful living with unlimited potential. Utilizing the time-honored practice of Eight Limbs of Patanjali with Five Pillars of Wellness (Mindfulness, Nutrition, Fitness, Relaxation and Sleep), Amrit's 24/7 Personal Wellness Advisors work with guests to identify their Personalized Roadmap to Wellness. Amrit's two towers, Peace and Happiness comprise 182 wellness residents, 153 wellness resort suites including 30 destination spa suites, chlorine free pools, natural bistro with teaching kitchen, farm to table restaurant, meeting/celebration space, hair-health full service salon, outdoor activities/experiences and 100,000 sf of wellness and spa spread over four floors indoors and out. Featuring Aayush, an extensive hydrothermal circuit with co-ed and gender specific areas, plus hamam, flotation pod and terraces with panoramic ocean views. Amrit, in partnership with leading wellness innovators, globally renown mindfulness experts, and a spa floor dedicated to innovative treatments and services, will provide the tools, technology, resources and experiences for guests to achieve personalized peace and happiness and ultimately, wellness for life. Employment Status
The Assistant Controller / Assistant Director of Finance will supervise and coordinate the Accounting Operations in the hotel to ensure accurate, timely and consistent reporting in accordance with policies and procedures, GAAP and federal, state and local laws and regulations. Assist and support the Controller in maintaining control over income, expenses and the assets and liabilities of the hotel. Position is responsible for the daily operation of Payroll, Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, Income Journal, General Cashiering, Taxes and internal controls. May recommend and implement operational changes. Responsibilities
- Supervise the Payroll, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Cashier and Night Audit employees; interview, recommend hiring, train, develop, empower, schedule, coach and counsel, recommend and conduct performance and salary reviews, resolve problems, provide open communications and recommend discipline and termination, as appropriate.
- Supervise the daily accounting operations ensuring compliance with the SOPs and LSOPs, GAAP and all federal, state and local laws and regulations.
- Analyze and reconcile all general ledger accounts and bank statements to ensure financial information is available and accurate.
- Prepare financial statements and reports to ensure accurate, timely information is available for management.
- Assist in the compilation and preparation of the annual budget, forecasts, taxes and other financial reports to provide support thus ensuring accurate, timely information is available for management and owners.
- Train, monitor and coordinate the implementation and maintenance of financial and cash controls and information flow throughout the other departments in the hotel to ensure compliance, accurate records and minimize liabilities, losses and expenses.
- Resolve problems and ensure maintenance of the accounting systems and equipment to ensure smooth operations.
- Analyze and be familiar with tenants, leases and rent reports and ensure hotel is in compliance with hotel leases and management contracts.
- Assumes the responsibilities of the Controller in his/her absence.
- Maintains all computer systems on the property - in absence of IT associate
- Assist other departments to ensure monthly reports are understood, departments are following SOPs, and in preparation of departmental budgets & forecasts
- Work with internal & external auditors on yearly audit
- Additional duties as necessary and assigned