OverviewNOW OFFERING A $600 SIGNING BONUS! You will receive $200 after 45 days of service, $200 after 90 days of service, and $200 after 180 days of service.
At the Courtyard by Marriott Tysons McLean, we are always looking for talented individuals with a passion for hospitality to join our dedicated team!
Our culture reflects our greatest asset: our team members. We are proud to cultivate a culture of unlimited career opportunities, job enrichment, and a supportive working environment. We also offer benefits that help our team members thrive both personally and professionally such as premium healthcare insurance, 401(k) plan with company match, paid time off, hotel discounts, education reimbursement, and many more!
We invite you to build your career with us. A bright and exciting future awaits you!
We are currently hiring for an Assistant Chief Engineer. This position is responsible for overall engineering operations. Uses leadership skills to drive revenue, maximize profit and ensure quality. Effective management of assigned staff to ensure achievement of overall financial results, guest satisfaction and positive employee relations. Responsibilities:
- Engineering: Understand preventive maintenance, routine inspections, guest service recovery, asset protection, procurement guidelines and capital expenditures. Learns the impact of maintaining company assets within budget guidelines and how it impacts the overall financial success of the hotel property.
- Identifies concerns and provides repair/maintenance solutions: Assesses and evaluates functionality of all equipment and assets. Perform and/or supervise maintenance work as needed or scheduled to lengthen the life and usefulness of items so long term savings can be realized. Keep the property well maintained, equipment serviced and in good repair.
- Helps control expenses: Responsible for proper use of all equipment and adheres to cost controls to reduce expenses and waste. Seeks and implements cost saving measures and efficient purchasing strategies in order to meet/exceed budget for expenses.
- Management/Supervisory: Effectively manage a department and team, resulting in optimum financial success, guest satisfaction and employee relations and completion of all hotel initiatives. Monitor and manage all payroll/labor expenses.
- Follows B. F. Saul Company Hospitality Group's standard operating procedures: Is knowledgeable in all engineering SOP's, and sets the example for others by following all B. F. Saul Company Hospitality Group and brand requirements.
- Provides on-the-job-training:Identifies training opportunities, and provides one-on-one training in specific tasks or SOP's as appropriate.
- Works collaboratively with all others: Supports all departments to ensure excellent customer service as it relates to maintenance and equipment issues. Completes all assigned duties within or outside the normal scope of responsibilities.
- Works safely: Maintains a clean and safe work environment in compliance with B. F. Saul Company Hospitality Group, brand, local, state and federal regulations. Follows all B. F. Saul Company Hospitality Group procedures for guest/associate incidents. Knowledgeable of hotel emergency procedures.
- Self/Workload Management: Must have high attention to detail, good communication skills, leadership ability and excellent problem solving skills. Must have high level of technical expertise as it relates to the position. Must have excellent organization skills, a high degree of creativity to facilitate efficient problem solving. Must be able to manage multiple priorities and have high attention to detail. Must be able to work in an environment with frequent interruptions and tight deadlines
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
Education : High school diploma or GED required. College degree or equivalent experience preferred. CPO, HVAC, boiler, Serve Safe certification desired, or the ability to obtain certification based on policy guidelines.
Experience/Knowledge/Skills/Abilities: 3 - 5+ years of maintenance experience required, preferably in the hotel industry. Must be detail oriented, have ability to communicate well with all levels within and outside the organization, and be able to problem-solve with employees and guests. Must be able to manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment.
Physical Requirements : Ability to lift, push, and pull up to 100 pounds consistently throughout shift.
EEO AA M/F/Vet/Disabled