The Curtis Hotel, a "Stay Happy, Work Happy!" aesthetic: Calling all dashboard drummers, hairbrush singers, and firefly chasers- Welcome to the Curtis Hotel! Our playful yet professional attitude is what we live by and surround ourselves with others that have the same outlook on life. We don't believe that we clock out of life when we come into work, but that work is an extension of our day-to-day. We are the simple, happy-go-lucky parts of childhood, delightfully tucked into a stunning, truly iconic hotel.
The Bottom Line: If our Finance Team is traveling on a bus that is going 65 mph and the destination is 15.5 miles away, how long will it take to reach month end? All jokes aside, our team of Finance professionals deliver extraordinary results while supporting a complex business unit. Interested in joining an A team? Look no further, pocket protector not included.
The Perks: Fully Loaded
• Medical, Dental, & Vision Insurance
• 401(k) with Employer Matching
• Discounted RTD EcoPass
• Discounted On-Site Parking
• Complimentary Employee Meals
• Hotel Discounts (Both Hilton & Sage Portfolio)
Fully Convinced? Apply today!Job Overview
Supervise and coordinate the Finance and Accounting Operations in the hotel to ensure accurate, timely and consistent reporting in accordance with policies and procedures, Federal, State and local laws and regulations. Assist and support the Director of Finance in maintaining control over income, expenses and the assets and liabilities of the hotel. Position is responsible for the daily operation of Payroll, Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, Income Journal, General Cashiering, Taxes and internal controls. This position may oversee Purchasing operations if deemed appropriate for the location, May recommend and implement operational changes.Responsibilities
- Supervise the Payroll, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Cashier and Night Audit employees; interview, recommend hiring, train, develop, empower, schedule, coach and counsel, recommend and conduct performance and salary reviews, resolve problems, provide open communications and recommend discipline and termination, as appropriate.
- Supervise the daily accounting operations ensuring compliance with the SOPs and Federal, State and local laws and regulations.
- Where applicable, become proficient in the financial aspects of Union Payroll accounting to include wages, benefits and dues.
- Serve as property lead in Checkbook Management, Labor Management and Analysis
- Analyze and reconcile all general ledger accounts and bank statements to ensure financial information is available and accurate.
- Ensure property compliance with all internal audit controls
- Support Director of Finance in preparation of internal and external financial presentations to include proactive analytics, ROI modeling and commentary.
- Provide support and training for all PMS, POS and Financial systems to operations.
- Act as property project manager for all financial system and process rollouts
- Prepare financial statements and reports to ensure accurate, timely information is available for management. Assist in the compilation and preparation of the annual budget, forecasts, taxes and other financial reports to provide support thus ensuring accurate, timely information is available for management and owners.
- Train, monitor and coordinate the implementation and maintenance of financial and cash controls and information flow throughout the other departments in the hotel to ensure compliance, accurate records and minimize liabilities, losses and expenses.
- Resolve problems and ensure maintenance of the accounting systems and equipment to ensure smooth operations.
- Analyze and be familiar with tenants, leases and rent reports and ensure hotel is in compliance with hotel leases and management contracts.
- Provide advanced analysis and modeling when needed and provide operational training in Microsoft Excel
- Has a fiduciary responsibility to company and management.
- Assumes the responsibilities of the Director of Finance in his/her absence
$48,000 - $60,000 / Yr
A four-year college degree (accounting preferred) or equivalent education/experience.Experience
Three to four years of full employment in a hospitality management position with this company or other organization(s) including 2 years as an Assistant Director of Finance with a hospitality company.Knowledge/Skills
- Requires knowledge of all the functions performed by the subordinate reporting directly or indirectly to the Hotel Director of Finance.
- Requires advanced knowledge of the accounting, finance and hospitality professions. Requires experiential knowledge for management of people and complex problems.
- Requires ability to analyze activities or information involving some original data manipulation or interpretation to arrive at logical conclusions.
- Ability to make decisions guided by established policies and procedures.
- Ability to communicate so as to provide information and services, supervisory skills.
- In addition to these fundamental requirements, an Assistant Director of Finance must also be knowledgeable in the following areas: Office Management, Bank Reconciliations, Preparation of State and Federal Reports, Training of Accounting staff employees, Conducting or participating in meetings, Analysis of Balance Sheet Accounts, Preparation of Journal entries, closing the books and preparing the Balance, Sheet Package, Interviewing and evaluation of applicants as well as current employees
- Excellent hearing required to train and deal with management, employees.
- Excellent vision required to read reports, computer, etc.
- Excellent speech communication skills required to train and deal with management, employees.
- Excellent comprehension and literacy required for reports, computers, ledgers, etc.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Lifting, pushing, pulling, carrying - limited lifting, pushing, pulling or carrying up to 15-20 lbs. Generally boxes, computer equipment.
- Limited bending/kneeling required when arranging supplies or equipment.
- Mobility - limited, between offices and departments.
- Infrequent continuous standing, climbing or driving required.
Work inside 95% of work period.
A four-year college degree (accounting preferred) or equivalent education/experience.Benefits
▪ Medical, dental, & vision insurance
▪ Health savings and flexible spending accounts
▪ Basic Life and AD&D insurance
▪ Company-paid short-term disability
▪ Paid time off for vacation, sick time, and holidays
▪ Employee assistance program
▪ Tuition Reimbursement
▪ Great discounts on Hotels, Restaurants, and much more.
▪ $1,000 hire bonus paid half on the first pay check and the remaining after 90 days of employment.