**Ideal candidates will reside in Western Canada due to nature of the role**
With more than 600 Sales professionals in offices around the world, our Global Sales Team ensures our owners and operators receive the combined benefits of scale, access, competence, and experience. Our Sales teams are fully engaged in providing a differentiated selling platform for our portfolio of brands. We are focused on being the most global, integrated, and relevant salesforce in the industry, relentlessly driven to grow market share. Our global sales team is consistently recognized as a top-selling and customer-service-focused organization throughout the industry. We conduct business in 42 languages serving 25,000 customers in 119 countries from offices located around the globe. This ensures that the team truly understands the unique needs and opportunities of regions around the world, right down to the local level. What will I be doing?
As a Sales Manager, you will be responsible for Total Account Management, including Business Travel Sales and Group Sales for the Area Sales Office based in Western Canada with accounts based primarily in that area (with a possibility of accounts sitting outside of this region as well).
For Business Travel Accounts, you will be responsible for the creation of individual account plans and subsequent follow-up on those account action plans. Oversee facilitation of the annual customer RFP process for your accounts. Analyzes all data to ensure Hilton Worldwide has maximum coverage and inclusion in customer's programs.
Solicit new accounts in the related market(s) and work with current accounts to grow group business across Canada.
More specifically, you will:
- Drive incremental group and BTS business to all participating hotels in the ASO
- Prospect and manage small and medium Canadian headquartered enterprises producing revenue into ASO Canadian hotels
- Seek long-stay opportunities for our extended stay products
- Participate and fully support at relevant corporate trade shows
- Coordinate and conduct fam-trips as per hotel sponsorship for key customers
- Have the ability to move the incremental business to multiple properties
- Conduct Quarterly reviews for ASO to hotels on business booked
- Prepare monthly updates on key actions from the team
- Provide quarterly results updates from the team
- Liaise with your hotel sales team directly as required
- Answer customer requests professionally, quickly, and with quality
- Update daily data and information in the system, as well as daily monitoring of negotiations with customers
At Hilton, we are accessible, responsive, and consultative to all our partners. You can expect to deliver to:
What are we looking for?
- Clients - you will communicate information that will influence a positive buying decision.
- Owners - you will build significant and individualized partnerships to provide unlimited value.
- Brands - you will craft partnerships using a defined and differentiated sales method. You will improve and collect up-to-date knowledge of existing hotels and New Development properties. This includes sharing said knowledge with customers to positively influence buying decisions and revenue production.
- Colleagues - you will be dedicated to a "One-Team" commercial culture while living the Heart of Hilton.
- Hotels - you will ensure full alignment, shared intelligence, and active engagement to achieve goals.
- Sales Support - you will effectively lead non-selling activity in support of driving sales results.
A Sales Manager of Hilton Worldwide is always working on behalf of our hotels and customers. We believe the success in this role will demonstrate itself through the following attributes and skills:
- Graduate in related fields
- Excellent oral and written communication; Fluent in English
- Excellent negotiating skills, persuasiveness
- Interpersonal skills
- Committed, to delivering a high level of service to our customers, and willing to try new things
- Proactive path committed to meeting deadlines and targets
- Possess own vehicle and willing to travel nationally
- Positive demeanor
- Flexibility to adapt to different work situations
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to handle high demand
- Strong organizational skills
- Time management, "team-player", assertiveness, and strong work ethic for home office work
To fulfill this role successfully, you should demonstrate the following minimum qualifications:
- High School/GED Diploma
- Three to five (3-5) years of direct sales experience
- Travel 30% of the time
- Sales experience in the hospitality industry
It would be helpful in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
What is it like working for Hilton?
- Experience in Delphi or similar property sales management system
- Experience using Salesforce
Hilton is the world's leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For over a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities, and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We will ensure that qualified individuals with protected disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions of his or her role, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request an accommodation.