This is the job description for ACCOUNTING CLERK
Job Title: Accounting Clerk
Company: Dimension Development
Reports To: GM
Job Purpose: To perform any combination of the following calculating, posting, and verifying duties to obtain financial data for use in maintaining accounting records.
1. Compiles and sorts documents, such as invoices and checks, substantiating business transactions.
2. Verifies and posts details of business transactions, such as funds received and disbursed, and totals accounts,
using calculator or computer.
3. Computes and records charges, refunds, cost of lost or damaged goods, and similar items.
4. May type vouchers, invoices, checks, account statements, reports, and other records, using typewriter or
5. May reconcile bank statements.
6. Knows and complies with all company policies and procedures pertaining to this position and its duties.
7. Takes the initiative to greet guests in a friendly and warm manner.
8. Other duties as assigned.
1. Compute and record numbers correctly.
2. Follow procedures for keeping records.
3. Use eyes, hands, and fingers at the same time to enter figures in books and forms, or to operate a calculator or
4. Perform work that is routine and detailed.
5. Copy large quantities of numbers without error.
Education: HS Diploma or equivalent
Experience: Two years of A/P, A/R, secretarial or clerical experience required.
While this job description is intended to be an accurate reflection of the requirements of the job, management reserves the right to add or remove duties from particular jobs when business need dictates.