As an Accounting Assistant you will assist the Property Controller in the daily, monthly, and annual accounting processes for an assigned group of hotels. The position reports directly to the Property Controller.Accounts Payable Management:
- Verify accuracy of invoices entered in the system as to amount, general ledger coding, date, vendor name and address, terms, and proper approval. Make all necessary changes to postings in accounts payable as directed by the Property Controller.
- Respond to vendor inquiries and payment requests promptly.
- Maintain complete and accurate paid invoice files by vendor.
- Oversee the accounts payable processing in the field.
- Process manual payments as directed by Property Controller, VP/Controller or CFO.
Sales & Use Tax Returns:
- Maintain assigned bank reconciliations on a current basis.
- Report any significant variances immediately to Property Controller.
Daily Revenue Reports:
- Prepare monthly and/or quarterly sales tax, use tax, and local occupancy tax returns as directed by Property Controller.
Group Insurance Billings:
- Review, correct, and post daily revenue journals on a daily basis.
- Calculate and process monthly group insurance billings for Concord and third party administrator.
- Assist Property Controller with period end financial reports and closings as directed.
Responsible for generating end of period reports on a timely basis.
- Conducts self to reflect the high standards of professionalism within the Concord Hospitality organization.
- Learns, understands, and refers to the Standard Operating Procedures.
- Follows safety and security procedures and rules.
- Each associate will be required to follow the rules as found in the Concord Hospitality Associate Handbook.
Company Benefits: As a full-time employee, you are eligible for:
- Operate a calculator and computer.
- Ability to prioritize and organize work assignments.
- Ability to be a clear thinker in pressure situations and exercise good judgments.
- Ability to focus attention on details, speed and accuracy.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and pertinent hotel information.
- Great Benefits including various levels of Medical plans, prescription discounts plus vision/dental
- 401K Retirement Program with company contribution - FREE MONEY!
- Discount Hotel Room Night Program
- Group Life Insurance equal to your annual salary
- Voluntary Short and Long Term Disability Programs
- Verizon Wireless Discount - save up to 18% off your billing a month with our partnership with Verizon
- Concord Provides great development through classroom training, online through our Learning Management System (LMS), as well as providing you options for Education Assistance Programs through University of Phoenix saving you 5% off tuition costs - take classes related to hospitality and save up to 9% off the tuition price
Concord's foundation is our 5 Key Cornerstones: Quality, Integrity, Community, Profitability, and our newest - having Fun. We strive to hire the BEST associates in the market and thus provide a great working environment that associates find appealing. Enjoy a culture where you are valued and our Associate First policy is a way of life. Utilize your hospitality talents with a Company that cares about you and your development. We do many fun things on property to stay engaged with our associates and show you we care about you.
Salary range: $16.79 - $20.14