This is the job description for ACCOUNTANT.
Job Title: Staff Accountant
Department: Accounting & Finance
Company: Dimension Development
Reports To: Controller
Job Purpose: Perform Accounting related duties on a professional level and work closely with the Corporate Accounting team and hotel personnel. This position carries out responsibilities in the following functional areas: General Ledger, Balance Sheet, Financial Reporting, and other related finance projects.
1. Reconcile Balance Sheet accounts and Bank Accounts for assigned hotels on a monthly basis.
2. Verify, allocate, and post details of business transactions to accounts into journals, such as sales slips, invoices, receipts, check stubs, and various reports.
3. Compile reports of financial and statistical data, such as receipts and expenditures, accounts payable and receivable, profit and loss, and other items pertinent to operation of business.
4. Works as directed by department leadership to ensure G/L postings are timely and complete in the General Ledger according to the published accounting schedule.
5. Apply generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP) and procedures to analyze financial information for preparation of financial reports for month end.
6. Ensure accurate, timely, and appropriate recording of financial information in a deadline driven environment.
7. Recommends new approaches, policies and procedures to effect continual improvements in efficiency of the department and services performed.
8. Maintains accounting records and compiles reports using Excel and proprietary software (Dimension Development Hotel Accounting Program). To keep records of financial transactions for organization using calculator and computer.
9. Follow established procedures for keeping records.
10. Use eyes, hands, and fingers at the same time to enter figures in books and forms, or to operate a calculator or computer.
11. Perform work that is routine yet detailed where accuracy is of utmost importance.
12. Compute, read, and copy large quantities of numbers without error. Meet productivity and quality assurance goals defined by department Leadership.
13. Other duties as assigned.
1. Proficiency in Financial Reporting, General Ledger, Bank Reconciliations, Balance Sheet Reconciliation.
2. Follow procedures for keeping records.
3. Use eyes, hands, and fingers at the same time to enter figures in books and forms, or to operate a calculator or personal computer.
4. Perform work that is routine yet detailed.
5. Compute, read, and copy large quantities of numbers without error.
6. Excel proficiency.
7. Communicates effectively and professionally in both written and verbal form.
8. Builds strong working relationships and works effectively as part of a Team. Demonstrates ability to work collaboratively in a cross-functional team environment and communicate with people at all levels
9. Must meet confidentiality expectations as to confidential, proprietary and sensitive Company information.
Job Qualifications: Describe the minimum qualifications needed to complete the job responsibilities.
Education: Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration, or related discipline preferred, or any equivalent combination of education and/or relevant experience.
Experience: Hospitality industry experience preferred.