Coordinates and expedites mealtime service on production line. Trains new hires for line/station/pantry cook positions. Fills in at any station on the line when the need arises.What will I be doing?
As a Lead Cook, you are responsible for preparing and presenting high quality dishes to deliver an excellent Guest and Member experience. A Cook will also be required to prepare all mis-en-place and contribute to departmental targets. Specifically, you will be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
What are we looking for?
- Coordinates and expedites the kitchen staff to accelerate service and ensure consistency in food quality and presentation.
- Prepares all food items according to recipe cards and correct handling procedures. Maintains highest quality and appearance of all foods sent from kitchen and make sure plates are clean and appetizing.
- Knowledge of cooking methods including broil, sauté, grill, making soups and sauces and general food prep, proper knife handling, maintain proper temperature, sanitation, light dessert knowledge required for plating specifications.
- Coordinates production charts and oversees requisition procedures.
- Trains newly hired line/station/pantry cooks to meet standards laid out in job description.
- Approves breaks, coordinate end of shift breakdown and cleaning.
- Keep all working areas clean and tidy and ensure no cross contamination
- Report maintenance, hygiene and hazard issues
- Comply with hotel security, fire regulations and all health and safety and food safety legislation
- Awareness of departmental targets and strive to achieve them as part of the team
- Be environmentally aware
- Participate in hotel/department meetings.
Since being founded in 1919, Hilton has been a leader in the hospitality industry. Today, Hilton remains a beacon of innovation, quality, and success. This continued leadership is the result of our Team Members staying true to our Vision, Mission, and Values. Specifically, we look for demonstration of these Values:
- Hospitality - We're passionate about delivering exceptional guest experiences.
- Integrity - We do the right thing, all the time.
- Leadership - We're leaders in our industry and in our communities.
- Teamwork - We're team players in everything we do.
- Ownership - We're the owners of our actions and decisions.
- Now - We operate with a sense of urgency and discipline
In addition, we look for the demonstration of the following key attributes:
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
- Customer Focus
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands
. Our vision "to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality" unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!