Position Purpose The Assistant General Manager is responsible for assisting the General Manager in administering and managing the hotel's operation, maintaining established costs and quality standards. Responsible for the hotel operation in the absence of the General Manager and participate in total hotel management.
- Plan, organize, staff, direct and control the hotel and operate the hotel in the absence of the General Manager following Marcus Hotels and Resorts and Timber Ridge Lodge policies and procedures.
- Develop maximum profits through cost and labor control; maintain the highest standards of security for the hotel patrons and employees and maintain the highest standards of quality and service in the Rooms and Food and Beverage Departments.
- Direct and coordinate the Rooms Division.
- Carry out all policies and prepare necessary reports.
- Conduct employee performance evaluations as prescribed and ensure that all employees are trained for their positions to maximize service, production and efficiency; control staffing, maximize profits, control costs and ensure the security of the operation.
- Clearly describe, assign and delegate responsibility and authority for the operation of the various departments under his/her supervisions; conduct appropriate meetings and coordinate with the other department heads to ensure that proper communication leads to guest satisfaction and maximum profit and productivity.
- Direct and coordinate the Rooms Division operations in conjunction with the General Manager to meet the daily needs of the hotel including but not limited to staffing, forecasting, controlling and supervisions.
- Responsible for participating in, scheduling and oversight of Manager on Duty program.
- Direct and coordinate with housekeeping to ensure that housekeeping procedures are established to maximize production, regulate linen and housekeeping supplies and to ensure the cleanliness of the facility.
- Certify that procedures and controls are implemented.
- Direct and coordinate the Food and Beverage operations so the hotel to ensure maximum profits, at the highest standard of service and quality, including food production, equipment use and control, banquet service, room service, beverage service, restaurant service and food and beverage purchasing.
- Ensure the cleanliness of all food and beverage facilities including the restaurant, banquet rooms, storage room and kitchen.
- Direct and coordinate the Activities/Group Sales Department and Lil Splasher's Club to ensure maximum guest satisfaction and fiscal responsibility as it relates to group sales, planning for special events, and daily children's activities.
- Oversee departmental matters as they relate to federal, state and local employment and civil rights laws.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent education/experience required.
- Four to five years of employment in a related position.
- Must be able to speak, read, write and understand the primary language used in the workplace.
- Requires good communications skills, both verbal and written.
- Most tasks are performed in a team environment with the employee acting as a team leader.
- Must possess basic computational ability and computer skills.
- Advanced knowledge of the principles and practices within the Rooms and Food and Beverage disciplines, including experiential knowledge for management of people and complex problems.
- Ability to study, analyze and interpret complex activities and/ or information in order to improve new practices or develop new approaches.
- Ability to make decisions with only general policies and procedures available for guidance.
- Ability to apply supervisor/management soft skills.
- Must possess communication skills in terms of the ability to negotiate, convince, sell and influence professionals, employees and/or hotel guests.
- Must be able to sit at a desk for up to 8 hours per day. Walking and standing are required.
- Must be available to work a varied schedule to include full-time hours, days, nights, weekends and holidays.
Reporting Relationship General Manager
Exemption Status Exempt
Note This document describes the general nature and level of work required of people in the job. It is not intended to be an all-encompassing list of responsibilities, duties, and skills.