Retail Sales Attendant
Assist customers, sell merchandise, handle cash, charge, and credit card sales accurately, keep shop clean and attractive, and assure safety and sanitation standards are maintained. Strive to achieve sales figures by selling effectively.
1. Promote sales by using suggestive selling techniques. Ensure that the shop is kept clean, and that displays are attractively merchandised to promote sales. (15%)
2. Ensure all assigned inventory counts are accurate. (15%)
3. Protect assets against losses and shoplifting. (15%)
4. Handle all cash transactions accurately. Follow proper procedure for credit card and room or house charge transactions and obtain proper ID and department information for all employee discounts. Adhere to the hotel cash handling policy. Practice proper register operation procedures. (15%)
5. Assist in the training of new staff to ensure standard operating procedures are communicated and adhered to. (15%)
6. Maintain constant communication line with Retail Manager in order to keep abreast of all shop related problems, customer requests and fast moving items to maximize sales and guest satisfaction. (15%)
NON-ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: (10%)
1. Promotes and applies teamwork skill at all times.
2. Is polite, friendly, and helpful to all guests, management, and fellow employees.
3. Attends appropriate hotel meetings and training sessions.
4. Maintains cleanliness and excellent condition of equipment and work area.
5. Execute emergency procedures in accordance with hotel standards.
6. Complies with required safety regulations and procedures.
7. Complies with Hotel standards, policies, and rules
8. Recycles and conserves energy whenever possible.
9. Remains current with hotel information and changes.
10. Complies with hotel uniform and grooming standards.
11. Participates in Task Force and Committees as requested.
12. All other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE and SKILLS:
Education: High school education or equivalent experience.
Experience: Prior experience in a cash handling position. Three months or more of retail/sales related experience is preferred.
Skills and Abilities: May require knowledge of computer equipment or other technical devices or broad knowledge in several operational areas:
Mathematic proficiency is required to handle cash.
Requires compiling facts and figures in accordance with established procedures.
Requires a working knowledge of a particular aspect of Loews services, policies or operations.
Working knowledge is generally learned on-the-job.
Loews Hotels is a vibrant collection of one-of-a-kind hotels with distinct personalities. Each hotel and resort offers high-quality accommodations, impressive surroundings, personalized service, and thoughtful amenities for a luxurious guest experience. As a company we care about our guests, our community and our team members.
Headquartered in New York City, Loews Hotels manages properties in most major markets in the U.S. and Canada. Each property goes beyond Four Diamond standards to provide guests with a supremely comfortable, uniquely local travel experience at a great value. Loews Hotels boast prime locations in the cities of New York, Washington DC, Denver, Los Angeles, Nashville, Philadelphia, Annapolis, Montreal, and Quebec City, as well as world-renowned vacation destinations such as Miami's South Beach, Universal Orlando, New Orleans, Tucson, St. Pete Beach, and California's Coronado Island. Loews has established some of the industry's most innovative and successful travel programs, including Loews Loves Kids for families and Loews Loves Pets for discerning animals on the road.
At Loews Hotels, our team members' commitment to our guests and dedication to our communities is cherished. We seek genuine individuals who are able to engage and delight our guests by providing Four Diamond AND MORE service. We invest in training and development opportunities for all team members, so they may grow and develop as individuals. We embrace diversity at our core and offer the opportunity for all team members to reach their potential as professionals. At Loews Hotels, we seek to create a dynamic culture that makes work interesting, challenging, fulfilling and fun.
As part of our commitment to our team members, Loews Hotels is proud to offer competitive compensation and benefit plans tailored to each marketplace. These include:
- Pay that meets or exceeds area standards
- Retirement (401-K) and incentive plans
- Medical and dental coverage
- Short and long-term disability
- Life insurance
- Holiday and vacation pay
- Team member assistance plans
- Career development programs
- Tuition reimbursement programs
Loews Hotels is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diverse work culture, M/F/D/V