Retail Sales Associate
Blue Mountain Resort
Location: CA - ON - Blue Mountain
Blue Mountain, ON, CA L9Y 3Z2
The incumbent is responsible to assist the Supervisor, Retail in all areas of sales and merchandising within our retail stores. The Retail Sales Associate will possess a strong desire to work in a fast paced sales culture, providing excellent customer service and “above and beyond” experiences to all guests.
- Prescribe to and execute the five key parts to our selling practice which are: GUEST – Greet, Understand, Educate, Sell and Thank.
- Develop outstanding product knowledge and use this knowledge as a selling tool.
- Ensure all retail functions are carried out efficiently and in a timely manner.
- Follow all standard operating procedures which mirror the resort’s exceptionally high retail standards.
- Responsible for providing all retail services.
- Product merchandising and inventory control.
- Conduct the daily cash out.
- Ensure that store housekeeping duties are completed on a regular basis.
- No past retail experience necessary, but considered a strong asset
- Must be guest oriented with a positive and friendly manner
- Must have strong computer and/or cash handling skills
- Ability to organize and multi-task effectively
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills
- Must demonstrate a high level of enthusiasm and energy and thrive working in a dynamic sales environment
- Must be willing to work in other stores if needed
- Must be able to lift 20 kilos
- Must be able to work with co-workers in a cooperative and friendly manner
- Ability to maintain a flexible work schedule including holidays, evenings and weekends
The nature of this position requires that the incumbent work a variety of hours, including evenings, weekends and holidays. Shifts will be 3-8 hours in length. The incumbent must attend department initiated training sessions.
Blue Mountain Resort is committed to supporting a culture of diversity and inclusiveness across the organization. We believe in equal opportunity and it is our priority to ensure a barrier-free recruitment and selection process. If you are contacted for a position, please notify Human Resources of any accommodation needs you may have during the selection process. Information received regarding the accommodation needs of applicants will be addressed confidentially.