Fig and Olive
Western Regional Chef
California-Los Angeles/Long Beach
Applicants who do not already have legal permission to work in the United States will not be considered.
FIG & OLIVE is about passion for the best olive oils, flavors and cuisine from the Riviera & Coastal regions of the South of France, Italy and Spain. Our large variety of extra virgin olive oils was selected to be paired with each dish and to be offered for tasting at the beginning of each meal. With fresh, seasonal ingredients and simple preparation, our cuisine exudes the genuine taste of food, from a ripe heirloom tomato, a leaf of aromatic basil, to a fresh grilled fish finished with lemon, rosemary, thyme and olive oil-simplicity, healthiness and refined flavors at their best.
Mougins, France has been the inspiration for FIG & OLIVE. Our cuisine is based on genuine ingredients and a respect of flavors. Mougins is also referred to as the birthplace of the "Cuisine of the Sun." FIG & OLIVE'S elegant and warm design with limestone stucco walls, terra-cotta colored ceiling, and green rosemary and olive trees exude the essence of the Mediterranean.
FIG & OLIVE is actively seeking exceptional and highly qualified candidates to join our growing team in the following locations Chicago, IL, Newport Beach, CA, New York City, Westchester, NY, West Hollywood, CA, and Washington D.C. (Opening 2015). We firmly believe that in order to create a rewarding experience for our guests, we must select individuals willing to deliver the finest service imaginable.
To create a successful hospitality team, we seek individuals who can personally follow the five key points of our value system: Enthusiasm, Desire, Integrity, Excellence, and Hospitality. At FIG & OLIVE, we pride ourselves on developing motivated and passionate individuals in the areas of restaurant front and back of the house, finance, human resources, sales and marketing and corporate management positions. If our brand and culture aligns with your career aspirations, we invite you to search our current exciting job opportunities.
- Reports to Corporate Chef
- Directly responsible for leading, creation and implementation of culinary standards and policies, and overseeing the culinary operations of the West Coast units in alignment with the Fig and Olive Corporate Chef
- Responsible for supervising all kitchen functions including team building and management, food purchasing, food preparation, maintenance of quality standards and driving the sanitation and cleanliness of each unit.
- Assist in achieving all set goals of EBITDA, including COGS, BOH Payroll along with profit and loss reviews.
- Support and engage each unit, and bring the culture and values of Fig and Olive to life
- Manage day-to-day Kitchen operations and Culinary team across the Western Regional units, and assist with hiring, support and progressive discipline with all CDCs and BOH management and line level staff in designated areas
- Oversee and execute Daily Food Service, Quality, Technique, Portion, Presentation and Food Cost Control
- Track food costs and assist with managing Vendors to ensure the provision of Standardized Cost-efficient Products
- Standardize Production Recipes to drive consistent quality and follow up to ensure all units are executing as required
- Audit kitchen purchasing along with Corporate Chef and relevant corporate office department for all Western Regional units and ensure a high-level of compliance by all culinary leaders
- Ensure appropriate Sanitation, Maintenance and Safety Standards are followed (DOH Standards) and perform regular walk throughs with the team to support the highest level of Food Safety
- Perform training and follow up on Invoicing, Scheduling, Payroll Edits, Inventory Counts, Price Comparison and Par Levels as per standards for all Western Regional units; enlist support team where necessary to ensure all fully aligned with the team goals and objectives
- Perform daily/weekly staff evaluations, pre-shifts, line checks, chef reporting as a function of each unit visit
- Ensure Food Log standards are being followed in each Western Regional unit, and follow up with support and/or training as required
- Actively conduct Training/Onboarding CDCs, Sous-Chefs and line level staff in the Western Region, and support the units on property as required when vacancies arise
- Conduct Product, China, Glass, Silver and Recipe Audits on a quarterly basis for the Western Regional Units
- Conduct Portion, Tasting and Ingredient Audits on a Seasonal basis across the Western Regional Units
- Ensure that BOH occupational safety standards are observed and adhered to in the Western Region
- Assist with and Oversee Inventory on a quarterly basis (or more frequent if needed) across the Western Regional units
- Assist with the development of and oversight of the Master Recipe Files for the entire Fig and Olive portfolio
- Review and support the P&L Review process, and train the CDCs and team on how best to interpret and research P&L line items
- Support the Fig and Olive Executive team as well as the Corporate Chef directly in alignment with the company strategy and mission
- Assist in the overall implementation of standardized food safety policies and procedures to ensure compliance with applicable regulatory requirements (Federal, State/Provincial, and Local
- Oversee all food safety cycles at all Western Regional units
- Routinely audit vendor compliance
- Routinely audit Food Safety procedures implemented at the Western Regional units
- Assist in all FBI investigations as required across the portfolio
- Responsible for all official and unofficial food safety inspections on premises within the Western Region
- Possess strong leadership abilities
- Have the ability to teach and train others
- Use good listening, verbal and non-verbal communication skills
- Be alert to staff and guest needs
- Stay focused on Safety and Security within the kitchens and around the units across the Western Units
- Demonstrated strong organizational skills
- College degree/Culinary school degree preferred, but not necessary
- Minimum 7 to 10 years of experience in a role of Chef de Cuisine
- 3+ years of Multi-unit oversight required
- Experience with volume of covers demanded by restaurant and fine dining as well as an understanding of standardization and replication across multiple units
- Must have basic computer knowledge (Excel, Windows, etc.)
- Must be willing to relocate to the Los Angles area
- Must be willing to travel frequently to the various units in the Western Region
The statements in this job description are intended to describe the essential job functions being performed. They are not intended to be ALL responsibilities or qualifications.
FIG & OLIVE is an Equal Opportunity Employer (M/F/D/V).