Do you have an unparalleled passion for real estate development? Are you an experienced, dynamic leader full of ideas and keen to take our company's Real Estate and Development department to the next level? If so, we want you to join our executive team, helping to grow and reposition our restaurant locations in Canada and the U.S.
Canada's largest privately held hospitality company is looking for a career-oriented, service-minded professional with significant experience and success in commercial real estate. The successful candidate will join our corporate home office team in Calgary, Alberta. This position requires both national and international travel, and will report directly to the President.
This role requires an individual with an unbelievable passion for finding and securing the best restaurant locations within Canada and major markets within the U.S. Someone with an exceptional passion for detail, real estate site selection, market analysis, and financial analysis. Someone who enjoys the challenge of offer preparation, negotiation and site development through to opening.
The successful candidate is an experienced, creative, dynamic and hard-working team member who is (or aspires to be) connected to all provinces in Canada and major markets within the U.S. and has proven success in developing location and repositioning strategies based on company branding and strategies, commercial real estate site selection, development and leasing documentation. They understand that a real estate deal is a very collaborative and detailed process; and recognizes that growth and profit related goals are vital to a company's success and contribute to its financial longevity.
What Will You Be Responsible For?
- Developing targeted growth plans for new and existing markets
- Maintaining a leading role in market analysis, site selection, site discovery and site analysis
- Letters of Intent and Offers to Lease: negotiation, preparation, and administration from start to finish for new locations and renewals
- Coordinating with legal counsel to ensure consistency between offers and leases
- Addressing and resolving all lease related strategy and situations for existing locations
- Producing and analyzing proformas to ensure viability of projects
- Project management of multiple programs and priorities
- Developing and maintaining positive relationships with landlords, brokers, influencers and industry stakeholders
- Uncover and engage in regular profit-seeking development projects
- Working with legal and facilities/ construction
- Participation in executive meetings including Strategy Meetings and Franchise Roundtable meetings
What Will Make You Successful in this Role?
- 7 - 10 years of commercial real estate leasing and development experience
- Strong real estate knowledge of major and secondary markets across Canada and the U.S.
- A college or university business degree in associated disciplines is an asset
- High degree of work ethic and accountability
- Superior ability to influence and build relationships both internally and externally
- Highly detailed verbal and written communication skills combined with an incredible attention to detail
- Very strong time management skills, with intrinsic motivation to always maximize efficiency and meet or exceed challenging goals
- Strong understanding of letter of intent and offer to lease structures including proven ability to conduct in-depth analysis
- Proven strength and success with analytical work including: proformas, spreadsheet analysis, and problem solving
- A high degree of comfort and proficiency utilizing business software in a professional environment is an asset (i.e. Google Earth)
- Excellent computer skills with advanced understanding of leasing documents
- Excellent working/ hands on use of Track Changes in Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Outlook
- Strong presentation skills
- Willingness to travel extensively, possess a valid passport and driver's license, and drives a reliable vehicle
Send your resume, salary expectations and qualifications in confidence to:
Director, Human Resources
Moxie's & Chop Home Office