Vice President, Procurement (Northland Properties)
Location: CA - BC - Vancouver
VP, Procurement - Northland Properties
Canada's largest privately held hospitality company is looking for a service-oriented, career-minded leader with exceptional procurement experience. This new role will join our corporate home office team in Vancouver, requires some national and international travel, and will report to the president of Northland Properties.
Northland Properties is recognized throughout Canada as one of the most trusted names in hotels, restaurants, sports, and construction. We are the force behind such brands as Sandman Hotel Group, The Sutton Place Hotels, Moxie's Grill & Bar, Chop Steakhouse & Bar, Denny's Restaurants, The Dallas Stars, and Northland Asset Management Company. Proud to be 100% Canadian-owned and operated, with over 150 outlets nationwide, we have home offices in both Calgary and Vancouver and employ over 10,000 talented individuals across the nation.
Are you an innovative leader who believes in hospitality at all levels and excels at building strong internal and external relationships? Do you lead the way in negotiations and continuously mentor the members of your team, helping them to become the best of the best? If so, we want you to join our executive team as we steer our company to be best in class.
Our VP, Procurement will be responsible to coordinate, consolidate and optimize the purchasing and logistics for products and services for all divisions. This position will have obligations to each division president; but will report structurally to the president of the parent company, Northland Properties. The purchasing departments at each division will report to your position and to the applicable president of each division.
What Will You Be Responsible For?
- Providing strategic planning, development, operations and on-going improvements for all facets of the procurement process
- Building key relationships with existing and new partners
- Negotiating, drafting, administering and managing partner contracts
- Development and execution of strategic sourcing strategies
- Leading contract negotiation, drafting and administration
- Performing ongoing vendor performance monitoring and evaluation
- Providing counsel and coaching to the purchasing teams across multiple divisions
What Will Make You Successful in this Role?
- A university degree or college diploma in business administration, supply chain management or equivalent
- 5+ years of executive level experience in purchasing/ procurement
- You are an experienced senior level purchasing professional with market knowledge of supply chain, logistics, distribution and purchasing procurement practices and processes
- Professional designation(s) in supply chain management (i.e, SCMP), project management (i.e., PMI), and/ or negotiations would be an asset
- Experience in international vendor relations would be an asset
- You thrive when working in a fast-paced environment, overseeing multiple projects at the same time
- High degree of business ethics and accountability
- Strong business and contract acumen; including proven experience in structuring deals, drafting contracts, and skilled negotiations
- You are a positive, goal-orientated individual with outstanding attention to detail
- Excellent leadership and mentoring skills, as well as a superior ability to influence and build relationships both internally and externally
- A solid understanding of strategic sourcing concepts and best practices
- Superior organizational, prioritization, and time management skills
- Strong project management skills
- Exceptional problem solving, strategic thinking, planning and decision making skills
- Strong verbal and written English communication skills
- Ability to report to, and collaborate with multiple senior executives
If are interested in joining our dynamic team, please include a cover letter with your resume outlining the unique qualities you will bring to our purchasing team.