Fig and Olive
Applicants who do not already have legal permission to work in the United States will not be considered.
FIG & OLIVE is about passion for the best olive oils, flavors and cuisine from the Riviera & Coastal regions of the South of France, Italy and Spain. Our large variety of extra virgin olive oils was selected to be paired with each dish and to be offered for tasting at the beginning of each meal. With fresh, seasonal ingredients and simple preparation, our cuisine exudes the genuine taste of food, from a ripe heirloom tomato, a leaf of aromatic basil, to a fresh grilled fish finished with lemon, rosemary, thyme and olive oil-simplicity, healthiness and refined flavors at their best.
Mougins, France has been the inspiration for FIG & OLIVE. Our cuisine is based on genuine ingredients and a respect of flavors. Mougins is also referred to as the birthplace of the "Cuisine of the Sun." FIG & OLIVE'S elegant and warm design with limestone stucco walls, terra-cotta colored ceiling, and green rosemary and olive trees exude the essence of the Mediterranean.
FIG & OLIVE is actively seeking exceptional and highly qualified candidates to join our growing team in the following locations Chicago, IL, Newport Beach, CA, New York City, Westchester, NY, West Hollywood, CA, and Washington D.C. (Opening 2015). We firmly believe that in order to create a rewarding experience for our guests, we must select individuals willing to deliver the finest service imaginable.
To create a successful hospitality team, we seek individuals who can personally follow the five key points of our value system: Enthusiasm, Desire, Integrity, Excellence, and Hospitality. At FIG & OLIVE, we pride ourselves on developing motivated and passionate individuals in the areas of restaurant front and back of the house, finance, human resources, sales and marketing and corporate management positions. If our brand and culture aligns with your career aspirations, we invite you to search our current exciting job opportunities.
The purpose of the Sous Chef is to ensure that all food production workers are performing their duties as prescribed by the quality standards established by the Chef de Cuisine. The Sous Chef assists the Chef de Cuisine to ensure continued operation of the kitchen, back of house, and all matters associated with food production, preparation, cleanliness, storage, and stocking of products.Responsibilities
- Completes quality control line check for each meal period
- Overlooks kitchen preparation of all stations and the production of all food
- Verifies all portion sizes, quality standards, department rules, policies and procedures are maintained by kitchen employees
- Assists with training of kitchen personnel as well as food services staff
- Sets-up and ensures kitchen stations are ready to serve prior to service
- Maintains high standards of quality and appearance of all food prepared and served
- Develops organized prep sheets with each menu change
- Oversees all food is consistent with FIG & OLIVE’s standards and portions are consistently controlled
- Ensures food tickets are complete and out in a timely manner
- Oversees and supports line cooks in synchronizing food procurement as well as other food preparation tasks
- Reads and follows recipes, and prepares and cooks hot and cold food items
- Ensures quantity of daily prepped foods to ensure the restaurant runs as smoothly and efficiently as possible
- Complies with all sanitation standards (temperature logs, HACCP review, sanitation walkthroughs etc.)
- Carries out Data entry of inventory, purchases/ invoices – Daily high cost inventory
- Manages labor costs, food purchasing and utilization to maximize cost efficiencies
- Prepares and plates final food products ensuring an attractive presentation is achieved
- Ensures all food orders are completed in an efficient manner
- Orders and receives food products from vendors, checks in by item on invoice, and inputs in receiving log
- Maintains a strong working knowledge of culinary trends and utilize when appropriate
- Ensures cleanliness and high sanitation standards are maintained at all times
- Organizes and maintains stock rooms and walk-in refrigerators
- Properly returns and stores all food items to designated storage areas at the end of the shift
- Trains line cooks on all aspects of the role to help and enhance their cooking skills
- Performs all miscellaneous duties assigned by upper management
- Understands and complies with all company policies and procedures regarding safety, security, emergencies and energy
- Minimum 3-4 years in a fast-paced kitchen, fine dining high-volume restaurant
- Demonstrated strong leadership and teamwork skills and abilities
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- French cooking cuisine skill sets preferred
- Advanced computer skills (Microsoft Office, payroll etc.)
- Must be able to stand for 9 to 10+ hours
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds
- Reliable and predictable attendance
- Food Handlers Card / ServSafe Certification
- College degree/Culinary school degree preferred, but not necessary
- Must have working computer knowledge (Microsoft Excel, Outlook etc.)
The statements in this job description are intended to describe the essential job functions being performed. They are not intended to be ALL responsibilities or qualifications.
FIG & OLIVE is an Equal Opportunity Employer (M/F/D/V).