Location: CA - AB - Calgary
Here at Moxie's, our Sous Chefs assume a culinary leadership role requiring hands-on performance and instruction to junior team members as well as consistently excellent execution of menu items while adhering to budgetary targets. You will assist in directing culinary operations on a shiftly basis under the guidance of a Chef or Senior Chef.
- Daily shift management, including labour controls and line check systems.
- Oversee all revenue periods and preparation and management of fresh made prep recipes.
- Management of prep charts ensuring freshness, shelf life and proper food safe practices are controlled.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- Previous culinary leadership experience in a high volume, full-service restaurant kitchen required.
- Excellent high volume culinary production skills.
- Team leadership in highly engaged kitchen area.
- The ability to provide consistent culinary and leadership direction during high revenue periods.
- Fluent in English (written and spoken)
OTHER KEY ATTRIBUTES
The ideal candidate will:
- Be focused.
- Be very organized.
- Have a positive and energetic attitude.
- Display natural leadership abilities.
- Have a strong sense of urgency, but able to remain calm in stressful situations.
- Thrive in a fast pasted environment.