Location: US - NY - Scarsdale
May 9, 2018
Reports to and supervised by: Chef de Cuisine
Responsibilities & Duties
- Assumes 100% responsibility for the quality of the guest experience
- Follows Daily Kitchen Manager agenda and opening/closing checklists for all departments
- Uses daily/weekly perpetual for cost effective and efficient ordering
- Assures all management and staff training and development is done correctly and thoroughly to ensure minimal staff turnover
- Assumes 100% responsibility of coaching all employees per shift in all departments following job descriptions, policies and procedures
- Assumes 100% commitment to the design strategies for menu specials relating to food costs, budget and variances
- Will perform job function while upholding company policy and procedures according to company operating manual.
- Assumes 100% responsibility for assigning daily/weekly goals to management and assuring their completion, while accomplishing his/her own goals.
- Assumes 100% commitment to follow all internal product control measures, including: food and liquor inventories, purchases and loss prevention measures (steak counts, high cost item sheets, etc.).
- Demonstrates 100% commitment to management, employee continued training and development.
- Demonstrates 100 % commitment to the organization of all back of house areas, including: walk in, dry storage and dishwashing areas.
- Assumes all purchasing is done for the best quality products per spec at the best price possible.
- Assumes 100% responsibility that all receiving is physically accounted for at the price quoted for.
- Works in accordance with the accounting department, providing all accurate information needed to produce DSR’s, 52 Weeks, budget and payroll
- 100% commitment to operate the kitchen within the means of its budget provided.
- Works with the Chef and kitchen staff to assure 100% quality in our food product 100% of the time.
- Demonstrates 100% commitment to the restaurant’s mission statement as stated in the employee handbook.
- 100% compliant to “The Big 3” (Incredible Hospitality, Amazing Food and Beverage, and Impeccable Cleanliness and Sanitation Standards)
- Good listening and verbal communication skills
- Must be alert to staff and guest needs
- Must possess strong leadership abilities
- Must be able to stand for 9 to 10+ hours
- Ability to teach and train others
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds
- College degree/Culinary school degree preferred, but not necessary
- Minimum 2-3 years in a kitchen managerial role in a fast-paced, high-volume restaurant
- Must have computer knowledge (Excel, Windows, POS, etc.)
Applicants who do not already have legal permission to work in the United States will not be considered.
Ability to participate in medical and dental plan
Chef - Sous Chef