Westin BWI- LTD Hospitality Group
Location: US - MD - Linthicum Heights
LTD Hospitality Group is seeking highly motivated, strategic leaders with expertise in effective and efficient hotel operations. Our ideal candidates should exude a passion for the hospitality industry that will attract and inspire associates to cultivate an exceptional guest experience. If you are looking for an exciting career with unlimited opportunities to thrive within LTD’s growing portfolio of properties, we have an immediate opening for you to join our team as a Sous Chef.
The Sous Chef will be responsible for the planning and directing food preparation as well as hands on preparation of food items for hotel banquets and large parties. Key job duties of the Sous Chef may include:
- Prepares, cooks, and presents food dishes for the banquet.
- Maintains the established standards of quality to ensure all food items consistently represent the menu descriptions, follow the established recipes, and maintain a pleasing taste and appearance.
- Works efficiently to provide the guests with quality foods in a reasonable time.
- Educates servers on all menu items and is available to speak with guests as needed to discuss the ingredients or preparation of any item.
- Manages junior kitchen staff members to ensure quality products are produced.
- Maintains a high standard of inventory control during the food preparation process and continuously work to reduce waste.
- Manage the food preparation areas to ensure all State and Federal Health Regulation Standards are maintained or exceeded at all times. This includes regular cleaning of all kitchen facilities, equipment, and food preparation areas.
- Inspects supplies, equipment, and work areas to ensure compliance to LTD & Brand Standard Operating Procedures for safety, cleanliness, and overall operation for all food service and preparation areas.
- Maintains an atmosphere of teamwork between both the back and front of the house staff.
- Other and all duties, projects, and tasks as assigned by employee’s manager.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (KSAs)
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Additionally, the requirements listed below are representative of knowledge, skills and or ability required.
- At least 2 years of experience in food preparation at an advanced skill level.
- Ability to direct, supervise, and mentor staff members so they may develop strengths and abilities needed to accomplish corporate goals.
- Interact with others in a way that builds openness, trust, and encourages the pursuit of corporate long-range goals through teamwork and a positive working environment.
- Demonstrated oral and written communication skills in English.
- Work with fellow management staff to achieve common goals.
- Must have excellent organizational, problem-solving, interpersonal and administrative skills.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule to include nights, weekends and holidays as needed.
- Reliable transportation with a valid state driver’s license.
LTD Hospitality Group has taken pride in superior hotel development and management for more than 30 years and is a recognized leader managing top-performing brands under Marriott, Hilton, Hyatt and InterContinental Hotel Group flags.
LTD’s core values focus on people, relationships and opportunities. The LTD culture was established by the founding partners and to this day continues to guide the successful performance and profitability of our hotels, while maintaining the highest standards of quality, service and cleanliness.
The greatest key to our success is our people. Our diverse team of associates is responsible for creating a distinctive experience that keeps our customers coming back. We recognize that our people are our most valuable asset and are committed to investing in them. We provide comprehensive training, as well as career advancement opportunities for all of our associates. We also offer competitive benefits to ensure that a career at LTD is satisfying and rewarding in all aspects.
- Medical, Dental, Vision & 401 (k) with company match
- Voluntary Short Term & Long Term Disability Insurance
- Life & Accidental Death Insurance
- Hotel Discounts
- Paid Time Off
- Training and Development Opportunities and Much More!
For more information about joining the LTD family, please visit www.ltdhospitality.com . We look forward to hearing from you!