What separates the Argonaut from other hotels in San Francisco?With a name like the Argonaut, it's impossible not to speak of this hotel in grand, almost legendary terms. Inspired by the Greek legend and Gold Rush-era adventurers, it's one of those rare places in San Francisco that truly merits a term like iconic. Located in the historic Haslett Warehouse, the Argonaut's home is a grand building built in 1907 of exposed brick, Douglas Fir beams and so much seaside character; you feel as though you can almost reach out and touch the colorful Barbary Coast past here. Our boutique hotel is also celebrated for an unsurpassed level of 4-Diamond service and amenities that provide an unforgettable destination experience. Couple that with a positively perfect location at San Francisco's most famous address: perched on the edge of the Bay at Fisherman's Wharf, and it's easy to see why the hotel is so coveted. A recipient of the TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence Award for five years running.
What you get to do: The purpose of the position of Server is to serve food and beverages to guests in a timely, courteous, efficient and accurate manner. All functions are carried out to maintain an environment of teamwork.
- Receive and take guest orders and process in a timely manner through whatever systems are currently used in the restaurant.
- Prepare and serve meal accompaniments to guests.
- Perform sidework.
- Open bottled wine for guests.
- Bus and set tables, as needed.
- Perform set up and breakdown of various stations (i.e., deli, dessert, coffee, espresso)
- Assist with orders to go, as needed.
- Seat guests and help with answering phones as business demands.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Communicate with support crew and management.
Specific experience we're seeking:
- One year minimum of customer service experience preferably within the Food & Beverage industry.
- Excellent written communication and presentation skills.
- Highly motivated and flexible, possessing the ability to take initiative.
- Flexible schedule, able to work mornings, nights, holidays and weekends.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: Prior experience preferred.
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Ability to read, write, and verbally communicate effectively and professionally with other business departments, guests, and vendors. Ability to diplomatically deal with difficult situations and people, while exhibiting a consistent level of professionalism.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, or telephone. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10-25 pounds and frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
(Please note: management reserves the right to change, modify, and/or alter any of the duties listed above to meet business demands).