Senior Vice President/ President
Location: CA - BC - Vancouver
Shark Club sports bar has been playing hard since 1993. Characterized by quality and driven by passion, each of Shark Club's locations feature innovative menus crafted from carefully selected ingredients and delivered in spaces that fuse the intensity of a Major League sports lounge with the comfort of a man cave.
Shark Club is more than just a great sports bar; it's a game changer.
We are seeking an energetic and innovative senior executive with a passion for hospitality and demonstrated strategic and visionary leadership. The successful candidate will join our corporate home office team in Vancouver and will report directly to the President of Moxie's. We will equally consider candidates that are ready to take on the rewarding role of President immediately, as well candidates that show the potential to grow from a Senior Vice President into the President role within the next two to three years.
As we continue to grow both in Canada and the USA, the President will be responsible for leading their team with a clear sense of direction and purpose, fostering a culture of collaboration, and achieving operational, financial, and strategic excellence. The President will ensure that Shark Club is not only profitable, but also best in class and committed to continued success in the industry.
- Lead the achievement of Shark Club's operational, financial, and growth objectives by developing and executing targeted strategies and activities
- Management of overall performance of the brand by analyzing and reconciling financial reports and other KPIs, determining trends and areas of opportunity, coaching and mentoring the team as needed, resolving budgetary issues as required, and delivering on agreed upon objectives
- Development and management of annual budgets and targeted results for all aspects of the business
- Working in collaboration with other executive colleagues and department heads to implement plans and policies throughout the brand; these department will include but are not limited to Finance, Marketing, Food and Beverage Development, Real Estate, Projects and Facilities, and Purchasing
- Determine ways to reduce costs, increase revenues, and improve overall brand performance
- Monitor performance of all locations while leading improvement initiatives and delivering financial targets
- Direct, develop, and coach multi-unit leaders to drive and execute on company goals
- Provide sound leadership in a fast-paced, high growth environment
- You have 3+ years' experience as a proven senior level restaurant/bar multi-unit operations leader (Director of Operations, VP of Operations, etc.) and have proven success driving sales, controlling costs and executing strategic objectives on time and on budget
- A post-secondary degree or equivalent experience in business or operations leadership is preferred
- You are a strategic thinker; you possess big picture and long-term thinking, are proficient in the areas of business awareness, critical analysis and integration of information, and the ability to develop an action-oriented plan
- You continuously demonstrate outstanding leadership, communication and organizational skills
- You have business acumen; you quickly identify and move towards business opportunities, seizing chances to increase profit and revenue
- You are a results orientated individual with a drive to succeed; you focus on improving business results, continually meeting and exceeding goals in all aspects of the business
- You love sports and you truly enjoy working with a team of like-minded professionals
- You are a person who will roll up your sleeves and be hands-on at a tactical level, while still focusing on the big picture strategy
- You are an inspiring, energetic, and strong leader with a reputation for being able to attract, identify, motivate, coach, and develop great people
We have a culture that is built to support and drive our people to be the very best they can, and we work to create opportunities that will enable our people to thrive both professionally and personally. If you are interested in joining our dynamic, success-driven team, apply now and let us help you to knock your career out of the park.
We would like to thank all applicants in advance for their interest; however, only those candidates who are to be considered further will be contacted.