Senior IT Leader
Location: CA - AB - Calgary
Senior IT Leader (Moxie's Grill & Bar/ Chop Steakhouse & Bar/ Shark Club Sports Bar & Grill)
Are you an energetic, hands-on IT leader looking to make a difference in a growing company? Do you love finding solutions to IT challenges and leading both small and large IT projects? If so, we want you to join our Calgary based home office IT team!
Canada's largest privately held hospitality company is looking for a career-oriented, service-minded professional with significant experience and success in overseeing IT projects of all sizes and daily IT operations. The successful candidate will have a strong technical background and proven project management skills combined with a passion for hospitable customer service. This position reports directly to our Vice President of Internal Development.
This role requires an individual who is consistently driven to accomplish and exceed goals. The successful candidate is an experienced, creative, dynamic and hard-working IT professional who is passionate about moving their company forward in and efficient and effective manner. They understand that a successful IT team is made up of talented individuals who all bring different strengths to the department. They know that success comes from a collaborative and detailed team process; and recognizes that internal and external relationships are key to the company's success.
What Will You Be Responsible For?
- Collaborate with IT Operations Supervisor, IT Analyst and external partners in a high pressure environment completing time sensitive tasks with a high level of accuracy
- Manage a large number of overlapping projects with fluid priorities and due dates
- Manage and respond effectively to daily adjustments in priorites
- Work with remote staff via phone and email to coordinate project timing and verify successful completion of work
- Work with internal staff, external vendors and personally complete key tasks to implement projects
- Build strong relationships with internal staff and external vendors
- Assist internal and external help desk staff to resolve issues with strong focus on hospitality
- Assist with developing advanced technical solutions
- Collaborate in maintaining and developing IT infrastructure and related systems for current and future needs
What Will Make You Successful in this Role?
- Minimum 3 years of experience working in a multi-faceted, high pressure, dynamic IT work environment
- Exceptional leadership skills; inspiring and focused leader with strong technical credibility
- Efficient and resourceful project management skills including the ability to prioritize and complete multiple tasks within a high pressure environment
- Reliable and responsible character, with exceptional follow up and attention to detail
- History of fostering extraordinary vendor relationships to maximize service and support
- Experience in restaurant industry and/ or multiunit operations is a definite asset
- Proactive approach with high self-initiative
- Strong working knowledge of MS Windows XP, 7, 8.1., 10 and MS Server 2003R2, 2008R2, 2012R2, 2016
- Familiar with Hyper-V Server 2012 R2, 2016, Wireless Surveys and managing Wireless Networks (Meraki)
- Familiar with data security and data management
- Knowledge of inventory control management
- Ability to configure and manage routers, Virtual Private Networks, Windows PCs, and Active Directory
- Ability to manage mailboxes in Exchange 2013 and Office 365
- Skilled at documenting work and creating documentation for staff, peers and vendors/external partners
- Impeccable track record as an accurate and concise communicator (verbal & written) with sound independent judgment
- Candidates with knowledge of Mac OS X will be given preference
- Able to lift 50lbs, work on ladders, and work safely in areas under construction
- Able to travel for work several times a year (domestically & internationally)