JOB TITLE Assistant General Manager
DEPARTMENT Safe House Food
SUPERVISOR General Manager
PURPOSE OF POSITION To assist in the effective management and direction of restaurant operations in reference to quality, service, supervision of associates, monitor quality and consistency of food production, cost control, and inventory.
1. Assists General Manager in the direction and supervision of food servers, bus persons, host(esses), expeditors, and other staff in reference to schedules, service standards, training, motivation, and safety.
2. Assists in ensuring that restaurant complies with sanitation and safety standards for guests and associates. Checks that all equipment is in working order. Visually inspects and take action to ensure that facilities in restaurant look appealing and attractive to guests. Follows up on work orders so repairs and maintenance of facility are completed on a timely basis.
3. Interview, select, train, supervise, counsel and discipline restaurant staff for the efficient operation of the outlet. Organize and conduct pre-shift and monthly departmental meetings communicating pertinent information to the staff, such as house count and menu changes. Schedule and direct staff in their work assignment.
4. Monitors product quality and guest satisfaction in restaurant. Ensures that food quality is consistent, appealing, and prepared to guest specifications. Interacts with guests to obtain feedback on quality of service and food in outlet.
5. Documents inventory forecast usage and monitors supply so that restaurants are stocked with linen, glassware, silverware, china, and condiments in order to provide service.
6. Participates in marketing efforts of restaurant, creates menu ideas, surveys competition and reports food trends, and assists in preparation of specials. Interacts with customers to determine needs, satisfaction, and resolve conflicts.
7. Maintain house bank.
8. Maintain relationship with other departments in hotel.
9. Maintain relationship with vendors.
10. Track all menu abstracts.
11. Track tip distribution.
12. Maintaining a high level of professional appearance, demeanor, ethics and self-image with yourself as well as subordinates.
13. Administering sales promotion programs and employee sales incentive programs.
14. Implementing and supporting hotel policies and procedures.
15. Daily tracking of emails, Q times, post shift, payroll, and administrative duties.
16. Perform other duties as assigned.
1. Strong knowledge of Food / Beverage operations and preparation techniques.
2. Knowledge of Beverage operations and wines.
3. Excellent mathematical abilities in order to determine and track inventory, controls, revenue productions, and other financial statements.
4. Ability to work entire shift standing and moving about in restaurants and kitchen area.
5. Ability to read, write, and communicate effectively in English, to understand internal documents, reports, and to interact effectively with guests and associates.
6. Ability to effectively deal with internal and external customers, some of whom will require high levels of patience, tact, and diplomacy to defuse anger, collect accurate information, and resolve conflicts.
7. High school diploma required. College education preferred.
8. One to three years experience as a manager or assistant manager of restaurant operations.