Title: Regional Director - Jack Astor's
Position Type: Permanent
Status: Full time
To manage and oversee multi-unit operations resulting in increased sales and profits. To ensure all aspects of the brand are executed within the restaurants at a very high level; to consistently delight Guests earning their loyalty. This is accomplished by developing managers, teams, and developing operating systems, to operate restaurants at an outstanding level as measured by hospitality and product quality.
Operations - Having just the vision is no solution, everything depends on execution'. How each restaurant runs is a direct reflection of the amount of support and development provided by the Regional Director.
- Drive all operational standards through all restaurants, through training, clear and timely direction and clear accountabilities.
- With other SIR resources, develop standards that work within Jack Astor's restaurants.
- Improve service through a combined effort of procedures (service package accountability).
- Ensure quality food by executing the established kitchen, and kitchen management, systems.
- Utilize available tools/systems to assist in evaluating each restaurant and elevating their performance, e.g, ticket times, service package expertise, server approach times, and management presence.
- Guide management team towards an environment that is Guest - focused.
- Maintain low levels of management turnover.
- Utilize time in each restaurant to observe, listen, and provide insight for the management teams.
- Be the liaison between the restaurants and the Support Centre to ensure effective communication and education.
People Development - The Regional Director's ultimate responsibility is to be seen as the teacher, coach, mentor, confidant, and leader.
- Coach and develop GMs using a Development Plan and the Competency Model.
- Develop personnel from within the organization for all levels of management.
- Coach GMs on how to develop Development Plans for all managers.
- Create a strategic plan to ensure proper bench strength for all positions in the region.
- Formally evaluate GMs two times annually in a manner consistent with company goals, objectives, and results.
- Work with management to ensure HR policies, procedures, and requirements are adhered to in a timely manner.
- Ensure management development by establishing an open line of feedback, counseling, communication, recognition, and accountability that ensures growth. Feedback should occur formally and informally on a regular basis -- at least monthly.
- Assist managers in the identification and solution of all operational problems.
- Participate in the development and execution of ongoing formal and informal recognition of management and team members.
Sales and Profits - The primary goal is to build our business by increasing sales and profits annually. The Regional Director provides the balance that ensures this result.
- Meet or exceed budgeted sales, guest count, and profit objectives.
- Responsible for accuracy/reasonability of daily and weekly sales estimates and labour schedules and for follow up on variance from estimate.
- Execute all SIR Corp systems to ensure optimum labour productivity.
- Develop, with each management team, an effective LSM plan that builds sales from within the operation. Use this plan to become known as the restaurant of choice in each target market.
- Provide, to the Vice President, all necessary weekly, monthly, and quarterly reporting systems that measure each component of the P & L.
Knowledge and Skills:
- 3- 5 years' experience in a strong multi-unit leadership role within hospitality, restaurant or retail environment is a must
- Post-secondary education in business or hospitality management
- Excellent people skills, including talent identification and development
- Ability and desire to develop and implement operational standards
- Strong financial acumen
- Strong coaching, teaching, influencing skills
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Proven ability to inspire people to perform their best and deliver company goals
- Ability to travel, with reliable transportation and a valid driver's license
If you are interested in this opportunity please submit your resume.
Service Inspired Restaurants® is committed to fair and equitable recruiting practices in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disability Act (AODA). Persons with disabilities are encouraged to come forward at any stage of the recruitment process to request accommodations, if needed. Members of our team will consult and create processes that provide individuals with disabilities the best possible recruitment experience.
Due to the number of applications received, only candidates selected for the next phase of the recruitment process will be contacted. (Applicants who do not already have legal permission to work in Canada will not be considered)
Service Inspired Restaurants (SIR Corp.) is a privately held Canadian corporation that owns and operates a portfolio of over 50 restaurants and is growing. We have a diverse portfolio of restaurants designed to appeal to a wide range of consumer tastes. SIR's Concept brands include: Jack Astor's Bar and Grill®, Alice Fazooli's®, Canyon Creek®, and Scaddabush Italian Kitchen & Bar™. SIR also operates one-of-a-kind "Signature" brands in downtown Toronto, comprised of the upscale Reds®, Far Niente®/FOUR®/ Petit Four®, Loose Moose Tap & Grill® and Duke's Refresher™ + Bar. SIR also owns and operates a seasonal bakery, Abbey's Bakehouse™.