Canada's largest privately held hospitality company is looking for a service-oriented, career-minded leader with exceptional project management experience in the construction industry. The successful candidate will join our corporate team in Calgary, Alberta and report directly to the Regional Project Manager.
Northland Properties is recognized throughout Canada as one of the most trusted names in hotels, restaurants, sports, and construction. We are the force behind such brands as Sandman Hotel Group, The Sutton Place Hotels, Moxie's Grill & Bar, Chop Steakhouse & Bar, Denny's Restaurants, The Dallas Stars, and Northland Asset Management Company. Proud to be 100% Canadian-owned and operated, with over 150 outlets nationwide, we have home offices in both Calgary and Vancouver and employ over 10,000 talented individuals across the nation.
Since our incorporation in 1963, we have flourished into a diversified group of companies that are quickly expanding, growing, and innovating every day. As Canada's fastest growing hospitality group, we find our strength in our people and believe this is the foundation to our continued success.
Are you a self-motivated, innovative leader who thrives being on-site, truly enjoying the personal interaction that naturally occurs because you are a hands-on Project Manager? Do you believe in the power of clear communication and coaching the members of your team to become the best of the best? Do you excel at problem solving and decision making in a fast paced environment? If so, we want you to join our team as we continue to steer our company to be best in class.
The job of the Project Manager is to manage and monitor the full cycle of construction and make sure that all targets of the project are met. You will manage the construction project plan, budget and schedule as well as lead the subcontractors and project employees, ensuring they properly fulfill their responsibilities. You will establish strong relationships with consultants, contractors and trades, municipalities and other various partners in order to maximize efficiency. Your job will also entail conducting site meetings and controlling and monitoring labour, material and equipment expenses. Construction site safety will be a constant priority. You will excel at hands-on, on-site leadership, understanding the value of being involved at every level. You will have recently moved into the Project Manager level after being a successful senior Site Supervisor on a minimum of two ground-up tower constructions.
What Will You Be Responsible For?
- Leading the project team through the construction and final close out of the Sutton Place Hotel Calgary
- Ensuring that the project is built according to approved plans, specifications, drawings and applicable building codes and that high quality standards are maintained
- Developing and maintaining strong relationships with the executive team, architects, consultants, employees, trade partners, and suppliers throughout the project
- Providing strong leadership to members of the project team, capitalizing on individual and group strengths to ensure successful outcomes
- Communicating, role modelling and enforcing company safety standards and operating practices
- Development and maintenance of the construction schedule in conjunction with project team to meet milestones and completion dates
- Leading regular project meetings
- Maintaining, tracking and reporting all financial aspects of project including budgets, forecasts and billings
- Assisting company in defining project improvement focus areas
What Will Make You Successful in this Role?
- Experience in at least 2 ground up tower construction projects is mandatory
- Previous Site Supervisor experience would be a strong benefit
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in Engineering, Architecture, Building Technology, or Construction Management is a strong asset
- 5 - 7 years' work experience in construction and project management, project scheduling and systems implementation
- PMP designation, LEED AP or Gold Seal accreditation an asset
- Specific and direct experience in hotel tower construction environments strongly desired
- Complete understanding of the Canadian building code, product design, sales, and construction processes
- Demonstrates a high level of computer skills and understanding of computer programs including Microsoft Outlook, Excel, and Project Management.
If are interested in joining our dynamic team, please include a cover letter with your resume outlining the unique qualities you will bring to our team.