President/ Senior Vice President
Location: CA - BC - Vancouver
Canada's Best Sports Bar is looking for an energetic and service-oriented senior leader who knows how to lead a team to drive results. The successful candidate will join our corporate home office team in Vancouver, and will report directly to the President of Moxie's.
Are you a proven senior operations leader of multiple locations? A leader who believes in balancing the needs of your guests, team and stakeholders? Are you a true lover of sports who thrives when coaching your team of operations leaders to get even better at what they do? If so, we want you to join our executive team as we continue to steer our company to be best in class.
The company will equally consider candidates that are ready to take on the rewarding role of President immediately; or candidates that show the potential to grow from a Senior Vice President into the President role within the next 2-3 years.
This is a hands-on leadership role working in partnership with the executive and senior leadership teams in developing and implementing all aspects of the Shark Club brand's business and financial plans. As we continue to grow both in Canada and the USA, the successful candidate will be responsible for leading their team in the achievement of operational, financial, and strategic excellence while focusing on the growth and success of the brand. The successful candidate will ensure that Shark Club is a profitable, best in class brand.
The ideal candidate is a high energy, results-focused, visionary business leader with a proven track record of managing a fast paced, multi-unit restaurant/ bar brand. You will have 3+ years of senior brand management experience within the restaurant and bar sector as well as strong strategic planning, budgeting and financial skills, combined with the ability to select, coach and develop senior leaders.
What Will You Be Responsible For?
- Development and implementation of the overall brand strategic plans and activities to ensure overall operational, financial and growth objectives are met
- Management of overall performance of the brand by analyzing and reconciling financial reports and other KPIs, determining trends and areas of opportunity, coaching and mentoring the team as needed, resolving budgetary issues as required, and delivering on agreed upon objectives
- Development and management of annual budgets and targeted results for all aspects of the business
- Working in collaboration with other executive colleagues and department heads to implement plans and policies throughout the brand; these department will include but are not limited to Finance, Marketing, Food and Beverage Development, Real Estate, Projects and Facilities, and Purchasing
- Determine ways to reduce costs, increase revenues, and improve overall brand performance
- Direct development of Shark Club multi-unit leaders
- Monitoring performance of all locations while leading improvement initiatives and delivering financial targets
What Will Make You Excel in this Role?
- You are a strategic thinker; you possess big picture and long-term thinking, are proficient in the areas of business awareness, critical analysis and integration of information, and the ability to develop an action-oriented plan.
- You continuously demonstrate outstanding leadership, communication and organizational skills
- You have 3+ years' experience as a proven senior level restaurant/ bar multi-unit operations leader (Director of Operations, VP of Operations, etc.).
- You have business acumen; you quickly identify and move towards business opportunities, seizing chances to increase profit and revenue.
- You are a results orientated individual with a drive to succeed; you focus on improving business results, continually meeting and exceeding goals in all aspects of the business.
- You have achieved success in managing a brand with multiple fast-paced restaurant/bar locations and have consistent success in driving sales and controlling costs.
- You love sports and you truly enjoy working with a team of like-minded professionals.
- You are a person who will roll up your sleeves and be hands-on at a tactical level, while still focusing on the big picture strategy
- You are a proven, energetic, strong leader and mentor with a reputation for being able to identify, motivate, coach, and develop great people
- You have exceptional decision making skills and judgment
- A post-secondary degree or equivalent experience in business or operations leadership is preferred
If you are interested in joining our dynamic, success-driven team, please submit your cover letter and resume in confidence.