Fig and Olive
New York-New York City
Applicants who do not already have legal permission to work in the United States will not be considered.
FIG & OLIVE is about passion for the best olive oils, flavors and cuisine from the Riviera & Coastal regions of the South of France, Italy and Spain. Our large variety of extra virgin olive oils was selected to be paired with each dish and to be offered for tasting at the beginning of each meal. With fresh, seasonal ingredients and simple preparation, our cuisine exudes the genuine taste of food, from a ripe heirloom tomato, a leaf of aromatic basil, to a fresh grilled fish finished with lemon, rosemary, thyme and olive oil-simplicity, healthiness and refined flavors at their best.
Mougins, France has been the inspiration for FIG & OLIVE. Our cuisine is based on genuine ingredients and a respect of flavors. Mougins is also referred to as the birthplace of the "Cuisine of the Sun." FIG & OLIVE'S elegant and warm design with limestone stucco walls, terra-cotta colored ceiling, and green rosemary and olive trees exude the essence of the Mediterranean.
FIG & OLIVE is actively seeking exceptional and highly qualified candidates to join our growing team in the following locations Chicago, IL, Newport Beach, CA, New York City, Westchester, NY, West Hollywood, CA, and Washington D.C. (Opening 2015). We firmly believe that in order to create a rewarding experience for our guests, we must select individuals willing to deliver the finest service imaginable.
To create a successful hospitality team, we seek individuals who can personally follow the five key points of our value system: Enthusiasm, Desire, Integrity, Excellence, and Hospitality. At FIG & OLIVE, we pride ourselves on developing motivated and passionate individuals in the areas of restaurant front and back of the house, finance, human resources, sales and marketing and corporate management positions. If our brand and culture aligns with your career aspirations, we invite you to search our current exciting job opportunities.
The purpose of the Payroll Coordinator is to perform complex and confidential administrative functions to support our executives and employees. The Payroll Coordinator administers payroll, including calculation and disbursements of tips, merit increases, and bonuses. S/he must be able to work independently, work with other team members to ensure hourly wages and tips are accurate each week, handle multiple time sensitive items simultaneously, meet deadlines, and demonstrate good follow up and follow through.Responsibilities
- Prepare and process for payroll of salary, hourly and tipped employees for weekly period
- Prepare and process payment for expense reports
- Follow HR and Payroll guidelines on all payroll processes
- Reconcile timekeeping software with payroll register
- Submit weekly reports to Operations to review premium pay required in each state
- Review timekeeping audit trail to ensure all supporting documents are received
- Ensure all payroll support documents are scanned and categorized for each payroll
- Entering of new hires, employee changes voluntary deductions in the payroll system
- Processing of manual checks such as terminations and discrepancies
- Prepare and process garnishments
- Calculate new hire pay, termination pay, and any required adjustment to normal pay
- Processing stop payments or adjustments of payroll
- Ensure that computing, withholding, and deductions are done correctly
- Knowledge of wage and hour laws
- Contributing to team effort by accomplishing related duties as needed
- Must have worked with a payroll size greater than 200 employees, including multi-state payrolls
- Knowledge of Excel and familiarity with Microsoft Word.
- Should be comfortable with computer applications in general
- Strict confidentiality a must