Part Time Bartender (Mixologist)
Be an integral part of Bank & Bourbon! Designed by nationally recognized design firm Meyer Davis and housed in the iconic PSFS Building, Bank & Bourbon promises to deliver one of the finest dining experiences in Philadelphia.
Provide friendly, responsive service to create a memorable dining experience for all of our guests. Each Mixologists primary objective is to provide a flawless experience and ensure guest loyalty.
- Must be passionate about food, beverage and service
- Performs all opening and closing side work as prescribed
- Passes Service, Food and Beverage Certification to 90%
- Inform guests of menu though menu presentation.
- Answer questions about our food, beverages and other restaurant/hotel functions and services.
- Monitors guest to prevent over indulgence and ensure safety
- Completes end of shift revenue report and cash deposit
- Inventories all beverages and operating supplies, orders replacement items as needed in conjunction with management
- Takes food and beverage orders from guests, enter orders correctly in our point-of-sale system which relays orders to the kitchen
- Maintain clean service areas.
- Monitor and observe guest’s dining experience. Ensure guest satisfaction with the food, beverage and service. Respond promptly and courteously to any requests.
- Prepare final bill, present check to guest, accept payment, process credit card charges, room charges or cash payment.
- Be ready and willing to assist fellow Mixoligists as situations arise.
- Be available to fill in as needed to ensure the smooth and efficient operation of the restaurant as directed by the restaurant manager or immediate supervisor.
- Be able to provide Wine and Beverage Service to standards set forth by Bank & Bourbon
- Mixes, prepares and serves drinks in accordance with Bank & Bourbon recipes and standards
- Retrieves wine from cellar for Captains
- Maintains daily inventory, checks par levels, ensures mise en place is prepared and operational
- Maintains House Bank
- Assists Junior Mixologist with stocking bar with spirits, non-alcoholic beverages, wine, beer, glassware, ice, linen, silverware and supplies prior to service in accordance with proper par levels
- Requires basic computer skills
- Maintains glassware supply for bar to include processing and polishing glassware
- Maintains fresh garnish program and cut fruits and garnishes as needed
- Inspects and maintains daily cleanliness and organization of liquor storage, beer storage and any other beverage storage areas
- Works closely with purchasing/receiving to ensure product is received from requisition
- Informs management of any out of stock items
- Assists in putting away requisition daily
- Handle guest requests promptly and efficiently
- Be part of a team. Work together and be attentive to each other’s needs during the course of the service.
- Welcome and greet guests. Make all our guests feel comfortable and let them know you’re there to personally take care of them.
- Be available to fill in as needed to ensure the smooth and efficient operation of the restaurant as directed by the MOD.
- Mark guests with proper silverware per course
- Notifies immediate supervisors promptly and fully of all problems or unusual matters of significance
- Is polite, friendly and helpful to guests, management and fellow team members
- Attends all appropriate hotel meetings and training sessions
- Executes emergency procedures in accordance with hotel standards
- Complies with safety regulations and procedures
- Complies with hotel policies and rules
- Remains current with hotel information and changes
- Complies with hotel uniform and grooming standards
- Completes any other duties as assigned
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation:
- Thorough knowledge of spirits, cocktail recipes, preparation methods, glassware, equipment and service; legal aspects of alcoholic beverage service (TIPS Certified or ability to obtain)
- Willingness to learn new skills
- Exceptional guest service skills
- Basic computer skills
- Ability to stand stoop, bend and lift items weighing up to 50 pounds repetitively during entire shift
- Ability to work flexible schedule to include weekends and holidays
Experience: One+ years’ experience as Bartender/Mixologist in a high volume, upscale Hotel or free standing Lounge environment
Loews Hotels is a vibrant collection of one-of-a-kind hotels with distinct personalities. Each hotel and resort offers high-quality accommodations, impressive surroundings, personalized service, and thoughtful amenities for a luxurious guest experience. As a company we care about our guests, our community and our team members.
Headquartered in New York City, Loews Hotels manages properties in most major markets in the U.S. and Canada. Each property goes beyond Four Diamond standards to provide guests with a supremely comfortable, uniquely local travel experience at a great value. Loews Hotels boast prime locations in the cities of New York, Washington DC, Denver, Los Angeles, Nashville, Philadelphia, Annapolis, Montreal, and Quebec City, as well as world-renowned vacation destinations such as Miami's South Beach, Universal Orlando, New Orleans, Tucson, and California's Coronado Island. Loews has established some of the industry's most innovative and successful travel programs, including Loews Loves Kids for families and Loews Loves Pets for discerning animals on the road.
At Loews Hotels, our team members' commitment to our guests and dedication to our communities is cherished. We seek genuine individuals who are able to engage and delight our guests by providing Four Diamond AND MORE service. We invest in training and development opportunities for all team members, so they may grow and develop as individuals. We embrace diversity at our core and offer the opportunity for all team members to reach their potential as professionals. At Loews Hotels, we seek to create a dynamic culture that makes work interesting, challenging, fulfilling and fun.
As part of our commitment to our team members, Loews Hotels is proud to offer competitive compensation and benefit plans tailored to each marketplace. These include:
- Pay that meets or exceeds area standards
- Retirement (401-K) and incentive plans
- Medical and dental coverage
- Short and long-term disability
- Life insurance
- Holiday and vacation pay
- Team member assistance plans
- Career development programs
- Tuition reimbursement programs
Loews Hotels is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diverse work culture, M/F/D/V