FIG & OLIVE (Washington DC)
Location: US - DC - Washington
FIG & OLIVE is about passion for the best olive oils, flavors and cuisine from the Riviera & Coastal regions of the South of France, Italy and Spain. Our large variety of extra virgin olive oils was selected to be paired with each dish and to be offered for tasting at the beginning of each meal. With fresh, seasonal ingredients and simple preparation, our cuisine exudes the genuine taste of food, from a ripe heirloom tomato, a leaf of aromatic basil, to a fresh grilled fish finished with lemon, rosemary, thyme and olive oil-simplicity, healthiness and refined flavors at their best.
PURPOSE The purpose of the Maintenance Coordinator is to repair and maintain facility buildings and equipment. Repairs include building renovation, plumbing, painting, electrical and carpentry. This position also may require the completion of custodial work as necessary.
RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES
- Check work orders and night report for any problems.
- Check log book for any schedules preventive or scheduled maintenance
- Check operation and condition of stoves, refrigerators, dishwashers. Contact supervisor if there are any issues.
- Check condition of all painted surfaces -- walls, ceilings, doors, baseboards and crown molding. Paint as needed.
- Check condition of furniture. Touch up as needed.
- Check operation of all drapes. Repair as needed.
- Check that all doors operate correctly.
- Check for toilet operation. Repair as needed.
- Report anything that might be considered a safety hazard to your supervisor or correct the issue on the spot.
- Ensure regulatory compliance to facility regulations and safety standards.
- Builds positive relationships with external customers such as city building/zoning department, fire prevention bureau and vendors.
- Perform monthly property inspection to ensure buildings and grounds are maintained in excellent condition.
- Inspects and evaluates the physical condition of facilities in order to determine the type of work needed.
- Recommends or arranges for additional services such as painting, repair work, renovations, and replacement of furnishings and equipment.
- Selects and orders on purchasing new equipment, supplies and furnishings.
- Make rounds checking these problem areas and note any information needed.
- Perform electrical work orders.
- Perform plumbing work orders.
- Maintain timelines and work schedule in accordance with the preventive maintenance program.
- Perform Preventive Maintenance work orders.
- Maintain cleanliness and organization of the work area to include.
- Maintain the proper use, cleaning, maintenance and storage of all tools. Handle chemicals for designated uses/surfaces.
- Any other required items needing attention designated by General Manager or Corporate Team
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS
- High school graduate or GED
- Experience in maintenance and basic carpentry
- Valid US State driver's license or an international driver's license
- Bilingual preferred but not required
- Communicate professionally, both verbally and in writing
- Task oriented and self-managed
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, inclusive of AMs, PMs, weekends & holidays
The statements in this job description are intended to describe the essential job functions being performed. They are not intended to be ALL responsibilities or qualifications.
Please email resume with interested position in the subject line (i.e. "Maintenance Coordinator") for consideration.
FIG & OLIVE is an Equal Opportunity Employer (M/F/D/V).