Line / Prep Cooks
Location: CA - BC - Richmond
Grow with us.
Opportunity & a career.
Create, surprise & learn.
We are food. Are you?
We're looking for line cooks who value being part of a team in a face-paced environment. Things move quickly in a restaurant, which means every day is a new, fun challenge.
Are you a positive, high energy individual looking to work with others who share your love of life and passion for hospitality? At Chop, we believe that a job shouldn't just be a place where you put in time, but rather a place where you love the time you spend. This is what makes us the Employer of Choice!
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES & QUALIFICATIONS
- Maintain quality and speed of output.
- Desire and ability to work as part of a team.
- Knowledge of company food specifications and platings.
- Adherence to cost control guidelines.
- Food handling.
EXPERIENCE & KEY ATTRIBUTES
- Attention to detail.
- Remains calm under pressure.
- Ability to organize and plan and re-prioritize
- Excellent verbal communication.
- Product Knowledge.
- Ability to maintain sense of urgency and keep momentum.
- Desire to be part of a team and contribute as such.
- High level of self confidence.
- Previous experience in a full service restaurant is an asset.
- Ability to work independently.
- Organizational Skills.
- Adherence to company specifications.
- Basic food handling and preparation knowledge.
- Works well under pressure.
- High tolerance for repetition.
- Available during evenings and weekends
We offer industry leading wages and tip out plus our teams enjoy perks & discounts to our other brands such as Sandman and Sutton hotels, Moxies, Shark Club and Denny's
Please note that Chop Steakhouse is unable to assist with any visa requirements. Candidates must be legally eligible to work in Canada.