Lead Daytime Host
Location: CA - BC - Richmond
Be a part of the energy that people love.
Chop restaurants are full of servers, bartenders and cooks who work together to create a fantastic experience for guests. We're looking for an energetic daytime host to help lead our host team and who values being part of a team in a face-paced environment. Things move quickly in a restaurant, which means every day is a new, fun challenge. If you'd like to connect with people over delicious food and drinks then we think you'd be a great fit.
Are you a positive, high energy individual looking to work with others who share your love of life and passion for hospitality? At Chop, we believe that a job shouldn't just be a place where you put in time, but rather a place where you love the time you spend. This is what makes us the Employer of Choice!
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES & QUALIFICATIONS
- Must be available during the day and early evenings & have reliable transportation
- Full time position Monday - Friday (6:30am - 2:30pm)
- We are a hotel property - taking orders and delivery room service to hotel guests
- Accommodating and willing to go the extra mile for each of our guests
- Provide a great first impression when guests arrive, and a lasting impression as you invite departing guests back for another visit.
- Maintain a cooperative and positive attitude at all times towards guests and fellow team members.
- Ensure you are seating the most desirable tables at all times.
- Anticipate guest transition and the timing of table turns.
- Opening the front door for and seating guests.
- Answering the phone for general customer service and taking reservations.
- Cleaning and resetting dirty tables.
- Maintain the cleanliness and appearance of entryway and washrooms.
- Perform quality checks as guests depart and thank them for their visit.
- Must be guest service oriented, have excellent people skills with a positive and upbeat personality
EXPERIENCE & KEY ATTRIBUTES
- Attention to detail.
- Pride in style and personal appearance, well groomed.
- Remains calm under pressure.
- Excellent verbal communication.
- Product Knowledge.
- Ability to maintain sense of urgency and keep momentum.
- Desire to be part of a team and contribute as such.
- High level of self confidence.
- Have high problem solving, decision making, customer service, communication
- Sincere desire to please others and do a great job
- Very organized, has the ability to prioritize & to think ahead.
- Excellent communication skills, including a pleasant and professional phone manner.
- Problem solving ability & the ability to be perceptive to guest's needs.
- Ability to deal positive in stressful situations and remain calm.
- High level of attention to detail, and able to take direction.
- Able to deal with compliments and guest concerns with the support of management
We offer industry leading wages and tip out plus our teams enjoy perks & discounts to our other brands such as Sandman and Sutton hotels, Moxies, Shark Club and Denny's
***Please note that Chop Steakhouse is unable to assist with any visa requirements. Candidates must be legally eligible to work in Canada.