Title: Kitchen Manager
Concept: Jack Astor's
Position Type: Full Time
Location: Jack Astor's - Richmond Hill
At Service Inspired Restaurants we take great pride in our diverse portfolio of restaurants and believe a brave, bold and results-driven culture inspires and creates new opportunities for everyone. Our values and promises are not simply a dream, vision, or mission, but a way of life for every person that becomes or wants to become a member of our team. Our goal is to be the first choice of our guests, team members, supplier partners, communities and investors by living our values and promises in everything we do. These values and promises describe how we conduct business, achieve our goal, and live our passion. We offer opportunities at the corporate level, as well as across all our concepts, including: Jack Astor's Bar and Grill®, SCADDABUSH Italian Kitchen & Bar®; Canyon Creek®, Reds® Wine Tavern, The Loose Moose® and The Antler Room, Duke's Refresher® + Bar and Abbey's Bake House in Muskoka. So what are you waiting for … come learn more and see if you have what it takes to join our team!
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assume the leadership role to manage a kitchen that produces the highest standards in food quality, consistency, and efficiency.
- Effectively manage daily production goals as well as food, waste, inventory, and labour cost controls
- Order product, new stock and supplies
- Build and maintain a partnership with your team and Front of House staff
- Live and teach our Values and Promises
- Spread the enthusiasm and energy among all of our peeps!
- Training and development
- If you've had 3-5 years previous kitchen management/supervisory experience in a comparable restaurant environment we're interested.
- Culinary Red Seal designation and Smart Serve Certification are strong assets
- Communication is key, so you'll need to speak and write English well.
- Knowledge and proficiency in use of computers and learning new software
- Numerical understanding, basic math skills; strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Ability to manage our restaurants with a high level of attention to detail, hospitality and fun - winning mindset and enthusiastic personality
- Previous experience with scheduling, inventory, product cost and labour control
- Previous scheduling experience an asset
- Possess five values that define our people:
- Hospitality. Enhancing the dignity, comfort and well-being of Our People
- Authenticity. Being forthright, truthful and transparent with Our People
- Quality. Working to always improve the experience of Our People
- Fun. Bringing the spirit of laughter, celebration, sharing and joy to Our People
- Courage. Acting with conviction in the balanced interest of Our People
Service Inspired Restaurants® is committed to fair and equitable recruiting practices. Persons with disabilities are encouraged to come forward at any stage of the recruitment process to request accommodations, if needed. Members of our team will consult and create processes that provide individuals with disabilities the best possible recruitment experience.