Title: Kitchen Manager
Concept: Jack Astor's
Position Type: Full Time
Location: Jack Astor's - Newmarket
When you think of the perfect place for a career, do you think of:
A) Fun and fast paced
B) Room for advancement
C) Meeting new people
If you answered A, B, or C, you are just the kind of fun, ambitious, outgoing person we are looking for at Jack's.
At Jack's its all about personality. Yes, we're all about a delicious menu and fantastic beverages, but more than that we own fun. Yep, our team is more than our co-workers, they're our peeps. Whatever role we hold in the restaurants, we are there for each other. Jack's is about being ourselves and having fun - and when we have fun our Guests have fun too. The point is if you're friendly, fun, and maybe a little crazy then you'll fit right in and the possibilities for your career are endless.
And we will prepare and support you for success in your role by putting you in an environment that has the highest of standards and with a team of people who share a positive attitude and winning mindset.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assume the leadership role to manage a kitchen that produces the highest standards in food quality, consistency, and efficiency.
- Effectively manage daily production goals as well as food, waste, inventory, and labour cost controls
- Order product, new stock and supplies
- Build and maintain a partnership with your team and Front of House staff
- Live and teach our Values and Promises
- Spread the enthusiasm and energy among all of our peeps!
- Training and development
- If you've had 3-5 years previous kitchen management/supervisory experience in a comparable restaurant environment we're interested.
- Culinary Red Seal designation and Smart Serve Certification are strong assets
- Communication is key, so you'll need to speak and write English well.
- Knowledge and proficiency in use of computers and learning new software
- Numerical understanding, basic math skills; strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Ability to manage our restaurants with a high level of attention to detail, hospitality and fun - winning mindset and enthusiastic personality
- Previous experience with scheduling, inventory, product cost and labour control
- Previous scheduling experience an asset
- Possess five values that define our people:
- Hospitality. Enhancing the dignity, comfort and well-being of Our People
- Authenticity. Being forthright, truthful and transparent with Our People
- Quality. Working to always improve the experience of Our People
- Fun. Bringing the spirit of laughter, celebration, sharing and joy to Our People
- Courage. Acting with conviction in the balanced interest of Our People
Service Inspired Restaurants® is committed to fair and equitable recruiting practices. Persons with disabilities are encouraged to come forward at any stage of the recruitment process to request accommodations, if needed. Members of our team will consult and create processes that provide individuals with disabilities the best possible recruitment experience.