Title: Junior Graphic Designer
Position Type: Permanent
Status: Full Time
Location: Support Centre, Burlington, Ontario
At Service Inspired Restaurants we take great pride in our diverse portfolio of restaurants and believe a brave, bold and results-driven culture inspires and creates new opportunities for everyone. Our values and promises are not simply a dream, vision, or mission, but a way of life for every person that becomes or wants to become a member of our team. Our goal is to be the first choice of our guests, team members, supplier partners, communities and investors by living our values and promises in everything we do. These values and promises describe how we conduct business, achieve our goal, and live our passion. We offer opportunities at the corporate level, as well as across all our concepts, including: Jack Astor's Bar and Grill®, SCADDABUSH Italian Kitchen & Bar®; Canyon Creek®, Reds® Wine Tavern, The Loose Moose® and The Antler Room, Duke's Refresher® + Bar and Abbey's Bake House in Muskoka. So what are you waiting for … come learn more and see if you have what it takes to join our team!
Duties & Responsibilities
· Co-ordinate the production of these collateral materials with team members and suppliers to meet overall campaign and initiative timelines.
· Collateral may include (but is not limited to) menus, coupons, tickets, brochures, LSM (Local Store Marketing) templates and toolkits, stationary, logos, moodboards, gift cards, presentations and eblasts, social posts and creative content. Detailed proofing for spelling, pricing, etc is required.
· Assist in the maintenance of the corporate website and brand website to ensure communication is current, relevant and accurate using a backend design tool (WordPress).
· Manage and catalogue brand databases of creative and media assets including (but not limited to) photos, videos, graphics, typefaces and fonts.
· Support video production through the creation/manipulation of graphics.
· Research and keep abreast of emerging design trends, practices, technologies and software.
· Additional duties may be assigned, as required.
· University degree or college diploma required in graphic design/production.
· 2-3 years of previous work experience in a comparable industry.
· Proficiency in graphic design software including (but not limited to) Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Light Room, Illustrator, Indesign), Microsoft Office.
· Experience with cataloguing software (CatDV) and web-based design tool (WordPress) is an asset.
· Experience with graphic production for video is an asset.
· Bilingualism is an asset.
· Highly creative, have a strong imagination and demonstrate a flair for doing things differently
· Has a good eye for design and lay-out and an exceptional attention to detail. Proofing for spelling, pricing, etc. is an expectation.
· Demonstrates an eagerness to learn new software, where required
· Resourceful and a self-starter
· Strong verbal and written communication
· Strong leader and collaborative team player
· Ability to work independently and as part of a team
· Excellent organizational, time and project management skills, with an ability to multi-task several priorities
· Flexible and adaptable to change, in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment
· Possess five values that define our people:
o Hospitality. Enhancing the dignity, comfort and well-being of Our People
o Authenticity. Being forthright, truthful and transparent with Our People
o Quality. Working to always improve the experience of Our People
o Fun. Bringing the spirit of laughter, celebration, sharing and joy to Our People
o Courage. Acting with conviction in the balanced interest of Our People
Service Inspired Restaurants® is committed to fair and equitable recruiting practices in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disability Act (AODA). Persons with disabilities are encouraged to come forward at any stage of the recruitment process to request accommodations, if needed. Members of our team will consult and create processes that provide individuals with disabilities the best possible recruitment experience.