FIG & OLIVE (New York, NY)
Location: US - NY - New York
FIG & OLIVE is about passion for the best olive oils, flavors and cuisine from the Riviera & Coastal regions of the South of France, Italy and Spain. Our large variety of extra virgin olive oils was selected to be paired with each dish and to be offered for tasting at the beginning of each meal. With fresh, seasonal ingredients and simple preparation, our cuisine exudes the genuine taste of food, from a ripe heirloom tomato, a leaf of aromatic basil, to a fresh grilled fish finished with lemon, rosemary, thyme and olive oil-simplicity, healthiness and refined flavors at their best.
The Human Resources Managers will coordinate all aspects of the Human Resources, which is not limited to administration, employee files, new hire paperwork, on-boarding process, employee relations initiatives, HR communication, report writing and compliance. Additionally, this role will assist the Director of Human Resources on project management, coordination and communication and provide assistance and support as needed.
RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES
- Prepare monthly metric reporting such as turnover, worker’s compensation etc.
- Maintain, file and update employee files accurately and efficiently
- Prepare and send correspondence on job offers to specified applicants
- Assist in processing new hires, transfers, and terminations by explaining instructions and completing forms
- Complete I9 audits on weekly/monthly basis in preparation for legal review
- May be responsible for employment data entry which includes new hires, terminations, transfers, promotions, and increases
- Direct, plan, initiate and follow-through on all employee relations activities such as Employee Recognition programs, events, and communication
- Promote teamwork and quality service through daily communication and coordination with other departments
- Assist employees with general questions, reference letters and employment verifications
- Responsible for prescreening managerial candidates for all open and available positions
- Tracks, logs and maintains corrective action forms, offer letters and new hire paperwork
- Assist with Benefit Administration and billing
- Maintain confidentiality at the highest degree
- Perform any additional duties as assigned by the Chief Legal Officer & EVP of Business Development.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS
- Minimum of 2-3 years experience in Corporate Hospitality Support role or related field of work
- Four year degree in Hospitality, or Business Management Education or an equivalent combination of education and experience is preferred.
- Must have exceptional verbal, written and clear communication skills
- Bi-lingual abilities in Spanish preferred although not required
- Position requires extensive computer literacy which includes, Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, HRIS, Google Drive, Payroll systems, and ability to create deck reports
- Knowledge of all applicable federal, state and city employment laws.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with management, employees and general public while listening to concerns when necessary
- Must be able to work independently, under pressure and use sound business judgment
- Ability to present themselves with an uplifting personality as well as maintain a high degree of confidentiality and business ethics
- Candidate must have strong administrative and organizational abilities while working in a
- fast paced environment, requiring multi-tasking strengths.
- Problem solving, reasoning, motivating, and organizational abilities are used often.
- Mathematical skills, including basic math, profit/loss concepts, percentages and variances are utilized frequently.
- Willing to work a flexible schedule if necessary inclusive of nights, weekends and holidays
The statements in this job description are intended to describe the essential job functions being performed. They are not intended to be ALL responsibilities or qualifications.