Applicants who do not already have legal permission to work in the United States will not be considered.
Snooze an AM Eatery seeks to evolve the A.M. dining experience through culinary innovation, an eclectic and energetic atmosphere and comfortable and friendly service. We celebrate each day and invite our guests to do the same. Snooze believes in doing the responsible thing for people and the planet. From composting and recycling about 90% of our waste, focusing on resource conservation and using responsible materials, we're working to help create a better world for future generations. We strive to be good neighbors and give back to the communities that we are so lucky to be part of. At Snooze, we believe in our mantra that it only takes a moment to make a difference.
We can't do any of that, though, without great people!
We invite you to join us - whether in Colorado, California, Arizona or Texas - and work in an environment where your individuality is encouraged, where sustainability is more than just a buzz word, and where FUN is one of our family values. Because we serve guests the most important meal of their day, OUR day starts at 5:30 am - so "morning people" are encouraged to apply. We do, however, have a limitless supply of our delicious Guatemalan coffee to perk you up and keep you going. We are a family and we do our absolute best to provide our great benefits, competitive salaries and wages, and a fun and inviting work environment.
When you submit your resume, please tell us what you'd make for Snooze's pancake of the day.
We can't wait to meet you and we hope to see your smiling face dining at Snooze.
Snooze is, of course, an equal opportunity employer. Proof of identity and legal authority to work in the U.S. is a condition of employment, and will be verified after hire.
As the Snooze Head Chef, you will...
- Accurately manage all kitchen employees to ensure adherence to all Snooze policy, efficient, careful and effective use of time and overall creation of a happy kitchen serving the best Snooze food every day.
- Be knowledgeable of Snooze policies regarding personnel and administer prompt, fair and consistent corrective action for any and all violations of company policies, rules and procedures.
- Maintain quality standards according to the guidelines of Snooze Food, ensuring the best possible product goes in and out the kitchen doors.
- Assist the GM and management team with a hiring strategy and making employment and termination decisions including, but not limited to, interviewing, hiring, and training. Also, evaluating, reviewing, and disciplining kitchen personnel as appropriate! You are a key role in the development of your Sous Chefs and team!
- Properly training all kitchen personnel about the practices regarding cleanliness, sanitation, safe equipment operating, and proper kitchen tool usage.
- Establishing a strong community presence by coordinating culinary community events.
- Prepare all required paperwork, including inventory, ordering, forms, reports and schedules in an organized and timely manner.
- Ensure that all equipment is kept clean and kept in excellent working condition through personal inspection and preventative maintenance plans.
- Control food cost and usage by following proper requisition of products from vendors, product storage procedures, standard recipes and waste control procedures. Control labor cost by scheduling based upon forecasted sales, positions needed, and proper time management.
- Provide safety training in first aid, CPR, lifting and carrying objects and handling hazardous materials.
As the Snooze Head Chef, you’re ultimate responsibility is ensuring the highest quality food, as per Snooze standards. Your primary duties include, but certainly are not limited to: responsible for all kitchen functions including food purchasing & inventory; assistance in preparation and overall maintenance of quality standards; sanitation and cleanliness; training of employees in methods of cooking, preparation, plate presentation, portion and cost control and sanitation and cleanliness; scheduling adequately to facilitate preparation and production while maintaining standard labor costs. Your ultimate goal is to maintain the “WOW” factor of Snooze food, while creating an environment that fosters creativity, education, and personal development.
- Must have a minimum of 2 years of culinary management experience – if it’s breakfast experience, all the better!
- Experience in a restaurant or hotel environment would be awesome but is not required!
- Culinary training degree or college degree preferred!
- Ability to work in a standing position for long periods of time and have the stamina to work a minimum of 50 hours per week!
The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by a Head Chef to successfully perform the essential functions of the job at Snooze. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.