Are you a creative thinker with innovative ideas and industry experience? We are Canada's largest privately held hospitality company, and we are looking for an inspiring intermediate to senior level Graphic Designer to join our passionate team of marketing professionals in our Calgary Home Office.
The successful candidate will have a minimum of four years' experience bringing digital and print projects from concept to completion (creative design, production and print ready files) and will play a key role in the development of menu production, national and local advertising, special events and more.
We are growing and we need team members who want to grow with us! This is a fantastic opportunity for a designer looking for variety in their work. An inspired designer who appreciates the challenge of managing multiple brands simultaneously and the opportunity to see their visions brought to life across Canada!
What Will You Be Responsible For?
- Developing unique content for Moxie's Grill & Bar and Chop Steakhouse & Bar
- Supporting role for our Shark Club Sports Bar & Grill and Rockford Wok, Bar & Grill brands
- Communicating our creative vision through brand-appropriate designs for a variety of media platforms
- Using storyboards to explain your processes when applicable
- Modifying existing creative with speed and accuracy
- Demonstrating expert skills in layout and typesetting
- Producing accurate and high quality work
- Ongoing organization of projects/ files in various stages of production
- Management of fonts and creative an asset
- Assisting with copywriting as needed
What Will Make You Successful in this Role?
- Diploma or degree in graphic design
- Minimum four years' experience in a professional or agency setting
- Expert knowledge of the Adobe Creative Suite on MAC platform (primarily InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop and Acrobat)
- Extensive experience developing creative for both digital and print production
- Knowledge of photography fundamentals with exceptional editing skills
- Strong grasp of colour theory, typography and principles of design
- Solid layout and production skills with a keen eye for detailed precision
- Detail oriented and highly organized
- You excel in an extremely fast paced environment with multiple ongoing projects and changing priorities
- Excellent multi-tasking and time management skills
- Eager to contribute and collaborate with a team, yet able to operate independently and productively with minimal supervision
- Proven ability to balance creative development with commercial reality
- Strong creative thinking and problem solving skills
- Ability to take direction, engage in critiques and accurately follow instructions
- Energetic and positive attitude with an eagerness to learn and grow
If you are excited by this opportunity, please submit your resume along with a cover letter that includes your salary expectations and a link to your online portfolio and/ or samples of your professional work.