General Manager Designate
Location: CA - ON - Toronto
This role is a General Manager in training position specifically designed to develop strong Front of House leaders, or GM's from lower volume concepts, into exceptional high volume General Managers.
- Responsible for all aspects of the restaurant's operation according to the policies, procedures and goals of the company.
- To maximize long-term profitability, morale and employment standards, guest satisfaction, the skills of all crew and managers within the restaurant.
- Achieve and sustain financial targets and performance goals.
- Ensure complete guest satisfaction at all times, at an excellent level.
- Provide on-going motivation, coaching and effective leadership development of team members and managers.
- Oversee and ensure general maintenance and cleanliness of property is maintained at all times.
- Expert scheduling.
- Manage and analyze financial parameters and controls for all areas of the restaurant and determine business priorities.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- Previous Management Experience required within a full-service restaurant or bar, preferably in the premium casual genre.
- Impeccable English communication skills, written and spoken. (Bilingual French is an asset)
- Ability to delegate and follow-up.
- Ability to train and lead other managers.
- Ability to train others to: master technical skills, serve guests with enthusiasm, sell as part of the dining experience, assert authority and make judgments.
- Complete knowledge of all positions and functional areas within the restaurant.
- High level of organizational and communication ability.
- Strong local store marketing skills and event management.
OTHER KEY ATTRIBUTES
- High energy, positive personality.
- Strong work ethic and upstanding personal code of conduct.
- Brand pride and complete understanding and belief in company philosophy and goals of quality and improvement (Being an Ambassador to our brands).
- Ability to self-motivate, maintain sense of urgency, keep momentum.
- Ability to set and achieve short and long-term business goals.
- Personal Accountability and the ability to ask for help when required.
- Commitment to continuous improvement and ability to learn.