Denny’s has been proudly serving local customers for over 40 years, and we are continuing to grow with the right people! With over 50 restaurants across Canada, you need not look any further than your local Denny's to understand the secret of its success: employees who enjoy flexible hours, benefit programs, competitive wages, a fun-filled atmosphere, and opportunities to grow.
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Life Insurance
- RRSP Employer Contribution
- Gain Sharing Incentive Program
- Management Bonus Program
- Employee discounts with Revelstoke Resort, YYOGA, TELUS, Rogers Mobile, Dell, Kal Tire, Soft Moc, Frazer Way RV, Park n Fly, Serta Mattresses, and more!
The General Manager is responsible for the total operational functionality and profitability of the restaurant. They are accountable for planning, organizing, and coordinating all resources and activities in the restaurant including setting targets, achieving goals, and controlling costs. Additional activities requiring their involvement are recruiting, training, and coaching the entire restaurant team.
The General Manager reports to the Regional Manager of their area and supervises all employees within their location including the Restaurant Manager and Assistant General Manager.
Duties and Accountabilities:
- Prepares and interprets financial and operational reports, analyzes data, and develops solutions to ensure operating goals are achieved
- Achieves controllable profit goals by monitoring controls and taking corrective action to achieve the desired result
- Plans and checks work schedules
- Conducts weekly meetings with the Management team
- Sets and achieves profit and loss targets
- Coordinates the entire operation of the restaurant during scheduled shifts
- Develops and coaches hourly employees on brand standards, internal policies and procedures, and other guest focused programs/activities to meet or exceed guest service standards
- Develops Restaurant Managers and hourly employees through corporate training programs, individual development plans, and assignments
- Must have 2-5 years’ experience in restaurant or hospitality industry; additional operations and/or leadership experience strongly preferred
- Must have excellent oral and written communication skills and the ability to communicate with all levels of the organization
- Must be able to interpret financial statements and understand contributing factors
- Must be able to budget and forecast financial operations
- Must place a value on diversity and respect for others
- Must be licensed to operate an automobile without restrictions
- Must have reliable transportation in order to meet banking obligations
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer that considers applicants without regard to race, sex, religion, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by law.