Fig and Olive
General Manager (Chicago, IL)
Applicants who do not already have legal permission to work in the United States will not be considered.
FIG & OLIVE is about passion for the best olive oils, flavors and cuisine from the Riviera & Coastal regions of the South of France, Italy and Spain. Our large variety of extra virgin olive oils was selected to be paired with each dish and to be offered for tasting at the beginning of each meal. With fresh, seasonal ingredients and simple preparation, our cuisine exudes the genuine taste of food, from a ripe heirloom tomato, a leaf of aromatic basil, to a fresh grilled fish finished with lemon, rosemary, thyme and olive oil-simplicity, healthiness and refined flavors at their best.
Mougins, France has been the inspiration for FIG & OLIVE. Our cuisine is based on genuine ingredients and a respect of flavors. Mougins is also referred to as the birthplace of the "Cuisine of the Sun." FIG & OLIVE'S elegant and warm design with limestone stucco walls, terra-cotta colored ceiling, and green rosemary and olive trees exude the essence of the Mediterranean.
FIG & OLIVE is actively seeking exceptional and highly qualified candidates to join our growing team in the following locations Chicago, IL, Newport Beach, CA, New York City, Westchester, NY, West Hollywood, CA, and Washington D.C. (Opening 2015). We firmly believe that in order to create a rewarding experience for our guests, we must select individuals willing to deliver the finest service imaginable.
To create a successful hospitality team, we seek individuals who can personally follow the five key points of our value system: Enthusiasm, Desire, Integrity, Excellence, and Hospitality. At FIG & OLIVE, we pride ourselves on developing motivated and passionate individuals in the areas of restaurant front and back of the house, finance, human resources, sales and marketing and corporate management positions. If our brand and culture aligns with your career aspirations, we invite you to search our current exciting job opportunities.
Manage a restaurant within the policies, protocols and guideline of the company to ensure customer satisfaction, employee gratification and profit maximization. Total operational and financial responsibility for an individual unit, directly perform hands-on work on an ongoing basis to ensure proper employee training, respond to customer service needs, or otherwise role model appropriate behaviors in the restaurant. Provide overall leadership; recognize and motivate members of the team; coach and train the team for operational excellence.Responsibilities
- Control day-to-day operations by scheduling shifts, ordering supplies and developing restaurant team
- Control day-to-day operations by scheduling and monitoring labor, ensuring unit is up to par with supplies and inventory through proper organization and delegation to the management team.
- Manage and develop AGM and Floor Managers
- Ensure Occupational Safety and health Act, local health and safety codes and company safety to maintain security and assure policies are met
- Control Profit & Loss (i.e., budget attainment both revenue and labor) by following cash control, security procedures, maintaining inventory, managing labor, review financial reports and taking appropriate action to maintain and monitor P&L across all categories listed
- Recruit, interview and hire FOH team utilizing company interview procedure, conduct performance review, take discipline action to ensure company standards are met by all employees, motivate and train staff daily
- Ensure maintenance and equipment, facility and grounds through the use of a Preventive Maintenance plan based on company standard
- Guarantee food quality and 100% customer satisfaction by auditing menu items and service performance
- Ensure complete and timely execution of corporate and marketing programs
- Provide a safe working and customer experience environment by facilitating safe work behaviors
- Manage and train staff in compliance with FIG & OLIVE’s standards
- Maintain strong leadership and management skills to work with a variety of employees at different skills levels and varied backgrounds
- Investigate and resolve complaints concerning food quality and service
- Supervise operation of bar to maximize profitability and ensure legal compliance with alcohol and beverage laws and regulations
- Direct hiring, training, disciplining and scheduling of food service personnel to ad with company standards
- Set excellent customer service and work examples
- Work with Chef de Cuisine for efficient provisioning of supplies. Supervise portion control and quantities of preparation to minimize waste. Perform frequent checks to ensure consistent high quality of preparation and service
- Enforce sanitary practices for food handling, general cleanliness, and maintenance of kitchen and dining areas
- Ensure and maintain restaurant compliance with all health and safety regulations
- Work with other Management personal to plan marketing, advertising, and any special restaurant functions
- Review and monitor, with accounting personnel, expenditures to ensure that they conform to budget limitations and work to improve performance
- Actively participate as a member of the Management team, including enforcement of restaurant policies and procedures
- Monitor staffing levels to minimize cost and increase productivity
- Recommend staffing needs according to business levels
- Proactively manage labor costs and purchasing and utilization to maximize cost efficiencies
- Maintain and enforce proper time keeping policies and procedures consistent with wage and hour regulations
- Receive products, verify invoices and freshness of merchandise
- Perform other duties as assigned by the General Manager
- Four year degree in Hospitality, Hotel, or Restaurant Business Management or an equivalent combination of education and experience preferred
- A minimum of 3-5 years in upscale high volume restaurant management or regional director experience
- Local market experience preferred
- P & L and COGS experience and history of interaction with Accounting personnel
- Experience in maintaining all aspects of operations including HR related responsibilities
- Strong organizational skills and ability to prioritize and meet deadlines
- Team player with a positive attitude and problem solving skills
- Demonstrated working knowledge of Local state employment laws
- Extensive customer service and resolution skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Working knowledge of Open Table, Micros as well as strong Microsoft Excel and computer skills
- Ability to work a flexible schedule inclusive of weekends and holidays
- Must have exceptional verbal, written and clear communication skills
- Fluency in another language, a plus
- Ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with management, employees and general public while listening to concerns when necessary
- Demonstrates integrity, tact, diplomacy and a commitment to FIG & OLIVE company values
- Must be able to work independently, under pressure and use sound business judgment
- Problem solving, reasoning, motivating, and organizational abilities
- Servsafe Certified
The statements in this job description are intended to describe the essential job functions being performed. They are not intended to be ALL responsibilities or qualifications.
FIG & OLIVE is an Equal Opportunity Employer (M/F/D/V).