Full Time Host - Early Morning Start
Location: CA - BC - Richmond
Be a part of the energy that people love.
Chop restaurants are full of servers, bartenders and cooks who work together to create a fantastic experience for guests. We're looking for energetic hosts who value being part of a team in a face-paced environment. Things move quickly in a restaurant, which means every day is a new, fun challenge. If you'd like to connect with people over delicious food and drinks then we think you'd be a great fit.
Are you a positive, high energy individual looking to work with others who share your love of life and passion for hospitality? At Chop, we believe that a job shouldn't just be a place where you put in time, but rather a place where you love the time you spend. This is what makes us the Employer of Choice!
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES & QUALIFICATIONS
- Must be available in the early morning and have reliable transportation as this shift begins at 6:30am
- Full time Position Monday to Friday
- We are a hotel property - taking orders and delivery room service to hotel guests
- Accommodating and willing to go the extra mile for each of our guests
- Provide a great first impression when guests arrive, and a lasting impression as you invite departing guests back for another visit.
- Maintain a cooperative and positive attitude at all times towards guests and fellow team members.
- Ensure you are seating the most desirable tables at all times.
- Anticipate guest transition and the timing of table turns.
- Opening front door for guests.
- Answering the phone for general customer service and taking reservations.
- Seating guests.
- Cleaning and resetting dirty tables.
- Maintain the cleanliness and appearance of entryway and washrooms.
- Perform quality checks as guests depart and thank them for their visit.
- Must be guest service oriented, have excellent people skills with a positive and upbeat personality
EXPERIENCE & KEY ATTRIBUTES
- Attention to detail.
- Pride in style and personal appearance, well groomed.
- Remains calm under pressure.
- Excellent verbal communication.
- Product Knowledge.
- Ability to maintain sense of urgency and keep momentum.
- Desire to be part of a team and contribute as such.
- High level of self confidence.
- Have high problem solving, decision making, customer service, communication
- Sincere desire to please others and do a great job
- Very organized, has the ability to prioritize & to think ahead.
- Excellent communication skills, including a pleasant and professional phone manner.
- Problem solving ability.
- Ability to be perceptive to guest's needs.
- Ability to deal positive in stressful situations and remain calm.
- High level of attention to detail, and able to take direction.
- Able to deal with compliments and guest concerns with the support of management
We offer industry leading wages and tip out plus our teams enjoy perks & discounts to our other brands such as Sandman and Sutton hotels, Moxies, Shark Club and Denny's
Please note that Chop Steakhouse is unable to assist with any visa requirements. Candidates must be legally eligible to work in Canada.