Food and Beverage Manager
Location: US - MD - Linthicum Heights
LTD Hospitality Group is seeking highly motivated, strategic leaders with expertise in effective and efficient hotel operations. Our ideal candidates should exude a passion for the hospitality industry that will attract and inspire associates to cultivate an exceptional guest experience. If you are looking for an exciting career with unlimited opportunities to thrive within LTD’s growing portfolio of properties, we have an immediate opening for you to join our team as a Food and Beverage Director.
The Food & Beverage Manager is responsible for the operation of the Restaurant(s), Bar(s) and Room Service and Club Level. This position manages daily operations while striving to continually improve guest and associate satisfaction, brand and company standards, training and profitability.
- Manage day-to-day operations to include the management of staff. Understands associate positions well enough to perform duties in associates absence.
- Provides the leadership, vision and direction to bring together and prioritize the departmental goals in a way that will be efficient and effective.
- Establishes guidelines so associates understand expectations and parameters.
- Maintains service and sanitation standards in restaurant, bar/lounge, club level and room service areas.
- Reviews staffing levels to ensure that guest service, operation needs & financial objectives are met.
- Ensures that all associates assigned to food & beverage operations are trained and supervised to adhere to all local, state and federal safety and sanitation regulations and laws.
- Interpret company policies and provide a safe working environment by ensuring compliance with safety programs and training.
- Ensures associates receive on-going training to understand guest expectations.
- Incorporates guest satisfaction as a component of departmental meetings with a focus on continuous improvement.
- Solicits employee feedback, utilizes an open door policy and reviews employee satisfaction results to identify and address associates problems and concerns.
- Recruits, selects, trains and coaches staff in alignment with company policies and procedures to include, managing or initiating personnel actions, such as promotions, transfers, discharges, and disciplinary measures.
- Schedules and receives deliveries and maintains inventories according to company policy.
- Responsible for creating food & beverage services that focus on revenue growth, controlling costs, protecting and increasing profitability, service standards and quality levels for the food and beverage department.
- Monitor compliance with all state and local sanitation requirements.
- Schedule and receive food and beverage deliveries. Verify shipment contents to ensure product quality and quantity.
- Respond to any guest complaint in a timely, professional and hospitable manner.
- Working knowledge of banquet/catering to assist in other departments as necessary.
- Complete bi-monthly liquor and food inventories.
- Coordinate food & beverage related marketing & promotional events with the Sales staff.
- Proactively manage performance of assigned staff to ensure that required work goals are fully achieved.
- Recommend or initiate personnel actions, such as promotions, transfers, discharges, and disciplinary measures in accordance with all LTD policies and procedures.
- Utilize labor management tools to schedule and control costs. Complete bi-weekly payroll for the Food & Beverage Department.
- Other and all duties, projects, and tasks as assigned by associates’ manager.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (KSAs)
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Additionally, the requirements listed below are representative of knowledge, skills and or ability required.
· Minimum of 2 years of experience in a management capacity in a hotel food and beverage department.
· Must be able to identify and understand issues, problems, and opportunities; obtaining and comparing information from different sources to draw conclusions, develop and evaluate alternatives and solutions, solve problems, and choose a course of action.
· Good command of Microsoft Office Suite applications and working knowledge of Micros/HIS POS system.
· Ability to work a flexible schedule to include evenings, weekends and holidays.
· Must have excellent organizational, interpersonal and administrative skills.
· Ability to lead, train and motivate team members.
· Must be able to speak, write and read and understand the primary language used in the workplace to communicate with guests and employees.
· Reliable transportation and valid state driver’s license.
· Must possess solid relationship-building skills, people focused, highly organized and guest centric.