Fig and Olive
Facilities & Maintenance Coordinator
District of Columbia/Washington
Applicants who do not already have legal permission to work in the United States will not be considered.
FIG & OLIVE is about passion for the best olive oils, flavors and cuisine from the Riviera & Coastal regions of the South of France, Italy and Spain. Our large variety of extra virgin olive oils was selected to be paired with each dish and to be offered for tasting at the beginning of each meal. With fresh, seasonal ingredients and simple preparation, our cuisine exudes the genuine taste of food, from a ripe heirloom tomato, a leaf of aromatic basil, to a fresh grilled fish finished with lemon, rosemary, thyme and olive oil-simplicity, healthiness and refined flavors at their best.
Mougins, France has been the inspiration for FIG & OLIVE. Our cuisine is based on genuine ingredients and a respect of flavors. Mougins is also referred to as the birthplace of the "Cuisine of the Sun." FIG & OLIVE'S elegant and warm design with limestone stucco walls, terra-cotta colored ceiling, and green rosemary and olive trees exude the essence of the Mediterranean.
FIG & OLIVE is actively seeking exceptional and highly qualified candidates to join our growing team in the following locations Chicago, IL, Newport Beach, CA, New York City, Westchester, NY, West Hollywood, CA, and Washington D.C. (Opening 2015). We firmly believe that in order to create a rewarding experience for our guests, we must select individuals willing to deliver the finest service imaginable.
To create a successful hospitality team, we seek individuals who can personally follow the five key points of our value system: Enthusiasm, Desire, Integrity, Excellence, and Hospitality. At FIG & OLIVE, we pride ourselves on developing motivated and passionate individuals in the areas of restaurant front and back of the house, finance, human resources, sales and marketing and corporate management positions. If our brand and culture aligns with your career aspirations, we invite you to search our current exciting job opportunities.
The purpose of the Facilties/ Maintenance Coordinator is to repair and maintain facility buildings and equipment. Repairs include building renovation, plumbing, painting, electrical and carpentry. This position also may require the completion of custodial work as necessary.Responsibilities
- Check work orders and night report for any problems on a daily basis
- Inspect unit for light bulbs, assure heating and cooling systems are accurately working
- Assure regular maintenance is occurring through entire
- Inspect refrigeration is properly working
- Check log book for any schedules preventive or scheduled maintenance
- Check operation and condition of stoves, refrigerators, dishwashers. Contact supervisor if there are any issues.
- Check condition of all painted surfaces – walls, ceilings, doors, baseboards and crown molding
- Paint as needed.
- Check condition of furniture. Touch up as needed.
- Check operation of all drapes. Repair as needed.
- Check that all doors operate correctly.
- Check for toilet operation. Repair as needed.
- Report anything that might be considered a safety hazard to your supervisor or correct the issue on the spot.
- Ensure regulatory compliance to facility regulations and safety standards.
- Builds positive relationships with external customers such as city building/zoning department, fire prevention bureau and vendors.
- Perform monthly property inspection to ensure buildings and grounds are maintained in excellent condition.
- Inspects and evaluates the physical condition of facilities in order to determine the type of work needed.
- Recommends or arranges for additional services such as painting, repair work, renovations, and replacement of furnishings and equipment.
- Selects and orders on purchasing new equipment, supplies and furnishings.
- Make rounds checking these problem areas and note any information needed.
- Perform electrical work orders.
- Perform plumbing work orders.
- Maintain timelines and work schedule in accordance with the preventive maintenance program.
- Perform Preventive Maintenance work orders.
- Maintain cleanliness and organization of the work area
- Maintain the proper use, cleaning, maintenance and storage of all tools. Handle chemicals for designated uses/surfaces.
- Any other required items needing attention designated by Maintenance Manager, General Manager or Corporate Team
- High school graduate or GED
- Experience working in the hospitality industry/ food and beverage a minimum of 2 years
- Basic hand and power tools
- Basic computer knowledge, written communication proficient in sending emails and using computer technology
- Safety experience for public service industry
- Experience in maintenance and basic carpentry
- Valid US State driver’s license / Reliable transportation to transport materials, products and occasional travel
- Bilingual preferred but not required
- Communicate professionally, both verbally and in writing
- Task oriented and self-managed
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, inclusive of AMs, PMs, weekends & holidays
FIG & OLIVE is an Equal Opportunity Employer (M/F/D/V)